'TD'

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3273710

Source: Turner to get $15M guaranteed from Falcons

ESPN.com news services

Updated: March 2, 2008, 3:34 PM ET

* Comment

* Email

* Print

The best available running back in the free-agent market has a new home.

Michael Turner, who has been the Chargers' insurance policy for LaDainian Tomlinson, agreed to a six-year, $34.5 million contract with the Falcons, with $15 million guaranteed, a source told ESPN.com's Michael Smith.

Turner gained 316 yards on 71 carries with one touchdown last season.

So does anyone know what the Falcons will do with Norwood? Rumors, anything?

Nothing, they are gonna keep him. He and Turner are a good duo with Norwood being the speed guy and Turner being the bruiser.

So, basically, not use him? Like last year, just worse?

No, he's gonna get an increased role. But he is not gonna be given the load. A threesome of Turner, Norwood, and Dunn looks pretty solid actually. I think they are gonna be a run first team again and set up the pass with the run.

No, he's gonna get an increased role. But he is not gonna be given the load. A threesome of Turner, Norwood, and Dunn looks pretty solid actually. I think they are gonna be a run first team again and set up the pass with the run.

I thought they were trying to move to a more physical style of running. Why would they use him more?

I thought they were trying to move to a more physical style of running. Why would they use him more?

Because of the homerun threat provides and how he's been able to put up 6+ ypc in the past 2 seasons, and is only getting better.

Well, I know that. But he had that last year, and he wasn't playing then.

Well, Norwood didn't exactly fit Petrino's offense, but he did finally get more playing time later on last year.

With the fact Turner never carried the load and the explosiveness of Norwood, I am positive he will get plenty of carries.

Hello guys, good to be back. I was in Viking country since Friday and boy are they exciting for Bernard "Drops" Berrian!

Anyways, the first thing I think about when I think of Turner in ATL is that they released Dunn, so Norwood and Turner will be their power-speed 1-2 punch. The last thing I think about is that if Matt Ryan doesn't go to MIA at #1, he will be a Falcon in 2008.