Allen to be traded to Minny?

nfoligno

Reading from more and more sources that Minny is close to a deal for Jared (not of the Subway commercials) Allen. Before anyone gets their panties in a wad about why I would post this on a bears forum, let me make two points.

One. This is further reason to draft OL. They already have a very strong interior w/ Kevin and Pat Williams. The addition of Allen could give Minny a very, very strong DL. I believe it was already among the best run stuffing DLs, but now it could kick it up a notch, or two, in the pass rush department. The need to upgrade the OL only goes up.

Two. One reason KC supposedly is looking to trade Allen is a contract dispute. Something we are getting to become experts in. Anyway, Allen, from what I have read, is on record that he is seeking a deal in the Freeney range. Thus far, Freeney's deal is more of an exception, rather than the rule. That I know of, no other defensive player is close to Freeney, at least not in terms of bonus and up front money. If Minny trades for Allen, they must know his contract demands, and must be willing to come to terms w/ said demands. If a 2nd defensive player signs a Freeney like deal, IMHO, it would only embolden Harris' camp in their demands.

I this easily affordable by Minny? Seems like they spent a boat-load on Hutch.

Reading from more and more sources that Minny is close to a deal for Jared (not of the Subway commercials) Allen. Before anyone gets their panties in a wad about why I would post this on a bears forum, let me make two points.

One. This is further reason to draft OL. They already have a very strong interior w/ Kevin and Pat Williams. The addition of Allen could give Minny a very, very strong DL. I believe it was already among the best run stuffing DLs, but now it could kick it up a notch, or two, in the pass rush department. The need to upgrade the OL only goes up.

Two. One reason KC supposedly is looking to trade Allen is a contract dispute. Something we are getting to become experts in. Anyway, Allen, from what I have read, is on record that he is seeking a deal in the Freeney range. Thus far, Freeney's deal is more of an exception, rather than the rule. That I know of, no other defensive player is close to Freeney, at least not in terms of bonus and up front money. If Minny trades for Allen, they must know his contract demands, and must be willing to come to terms w/ said demands. If a 2nd defensive player signs a Freeney like deal, IMHO, it would only embolden Harris' camp in their demands.

That...or odds are he will get another DUI.

I was going to say, one more DUI, and he's sitting out a season. With how horrible the Queens have been at drafting in the first (and pretty much everywhere), outside of AP falling into their laps last year, this deal would be a almost a sure winner for them IMO.

It does bode well for them...

But, they still have no QB and a suspect receiving corps and TE. But they sure as heck can run and play decent D. Frighteningly sounds a lot like us...except we can't run anymore!

I was going to say, one more DUI, and he's sitting out a season. With how horrible the Queens have been at drafting in the first (and pretty much everywhere), outside of AP falling into their laps last year, this deal would be a almost a sure winner for them IMO.

The addition of Allen would make them virtually a lock for top 5 honors in defense. With the Williams brothers in the middle, nobody runs on them. And with Allen on the edge, the passing game would have to set up quickly and get rid of it quickly. At that point, all they need to have is warm bodies that can tackle. Scary.

And, while their offense may have glaring holes at QB, WR, and TE...what do you really need with a defense like that? The Bears proved in 2001 that with a dominating offense with two buddhas in the middle supporting a strong defense, even a retard can be the offensive coordinator and the team can still get double-digit wins.

Done deal. Change the Mocks, KC is getting #17 and will more than likely go DE with pick #5. That helps us.

The Chiefs have agreed to trade DE Jared Allen to the Vikings.

Allen has some off-field concerns, but it's rare to see one of the top defensive players in the league traded as he's entering his peak. Allen fills a huge need and should be a terror on turf in Minnesota. The deal will be finalized Wednesday, but a contract and trade agreement are in place. Kansas City is expected to get Minnesota's No. 17 overall pick and more, probably a third-round pick. They could now look at DE (Chris Long or Vernon Gholston) with their fifth pick. Allen should get less money than Dwight Freeney, but should be receiving a mega-deal.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...224&id=2837