How hot could our pick be?

nfoligno

Looking at the draft, it is quite possible that when we pick, the #2 RB (whether that be Mendenhall or Stewart) will still be on the board. Three teams in the four picks after ours (Det, Az and Houston) all could be looking to upgrade their run game, which means if a team wants one of these two RBs, they may need to move up to our pick, in front of those other teams. Heck, if one of those teams really likes one RB over the other, they may even be looking to move up a couple slots, like if AZ loved Mendy, and felt Det would take him.

Could be interesting what sort of offers we get. For me, it would take quite a bit for me to trade down. If we could trade down, and get no worse than Cherilus, I not be opposed. In no way do I want to trade down further than Pitt though, as I think all the top OTs will be gone at that point.

Just looking over the order of picks, and realizing how the RBs could be falling to us, and how many RB needy teams immediately come after us. Might this put us in the drivers seat?

It's quite possible I think. So much just depneds on the ebb and flow. So far, with Long signed to MIA, it's panning out as expected. If it continues that way, we certainly would be in position to entertain offers.

Looking at the draft, it is quite possible that when we pick, the #2 RB (whether that be Mendenhall or Stewart) will still be on the board. Three teams in the four picks after ours (Det, Az and Houston) all could be looking to upgrade their run game, which means if a team wants one of these two RBs, they may need to move up to our pick, in front of those other teams. Heck, if one of those teams really likes one RB over the other, they may even be looking to move up a couple slots, like if AZ loved Mendy, and felt Det would take him.

Could be interesting what sort of offers we get. For me, it would take quite a bit for me to trade down. If we could trade down, and get no worse than Cherilus, I not be opposed. In no way do I want to trade down further than Pitt though, as I think all the top OTs will be gone at that point.

Just looking over the order of picks, and realizing how the RBs could be falling to us, and how many RB needy teams immediately come after us. Might this put us in the drivers seat?

nfo,

It seems like the hottest slot will be right around our pick since we also have a need for RB. So if you include DET, ARZ, HOU, and DAL, that would be picks 14-16, 18, and 22 all looking for RB help. I would love for DAL to jump up to us and give us their 22 and 28 for our 14, 70 and a dptbnl. Barber is over-rated and they lost Jones.

Guest TerraTor
nfo,

It seems like the hottest slot will be right around our pick since we also have a need for RB. So if you include DET, ARZ, HOU, and DAL, that would be picks 14-16, 18, and 22 all looking for RB help. I would love for DAL to jump up to us and give us their 22 and 28 for our 14, 70 and a dptbnl. Barber is over-rated and they lost Jones.

two firsts to move 8 spots, unlikely, but wont argue it. Only beef is how badly i want/we need mendenhall, so pick ur poison.

W/ the two 1st round picks ammo, they could move into the top 10 if they wanted to. Its a great idea, but Dallas is simply not going to give us their top 2 picks. If they wanted to give those up, they could actually have a shot at moving up enough to get McFadden.

Whether we are talking Dallas, or any other short jump, I think we should be talking about getting another teams 1st and 2nd, as that is simply more realistic.

Just stay put and grab a top tier OT. I have nightmares we'll trade down and end up with the "Cade McNown OT" of this draft.

Bingo.

Trading down is a good way to avoid the higher draft picks' salaries, but I also fear the trade down and ending up with what is essentially sloppy seconds. Although, I'd rather have a trade down that picking up Mendenhall or any other RB not named McFadden with the 14.