Urlacher for Ocho Cinco

dawhizz

Both players aren't happy where they are. The Bears need help at WR. The Bengals need a playmaker at LB. We all know this trade would never, ever happen. But if it was offered, who would turn it down and why?

I would turn it down for the simple fact that CJ will never, ever be happy unless he is causing some kind of commotion. That is exactly what we do NOT need.

Not just no, but hell no. CJ is a WR I like on my fantasy roster, but not on my NFL team. Fans complain about Danny Snyder running his team like a FF team, but so many fans talk like they would do the same thing.

CJ is a flat out awful fit for this team.

1. Headcase - We are dealing w/ enough contract issues. Why would we send packing one player who is quietly making a fuss for another player who is using a bull horn, on national radio.

Okay, lets say we get past the contract issues...

2. CJ is one of those WRs who is going to scream to the world anytime he doesn't have a big game. Seriously, take a look at our offense. How many 10-150-2 games will he have w/ Rex/Orton? If he can't stand Carson Palmer, and thinks Palmer is a joke, what the hell is he going to think about our rotating collection of QBs. We thought Moose threw Orton under the bus? CJ would throw the team under the bus, then drive it himself.

3. Absolutely no respect for authority. He got into a fight w/ his position coach at halftime. He has ripped several on the staff, including his HC who he routinely called out after games. I have no love for our coaching staff, but you can not have players who have zero respect for their boss', and have no issue w/ showing that lack of respect.

CJ is an awesome talent. There is no question about that, but I think it will take a situation similar to what Moss had in NE for CJ to be a good boy. First, it should be pointed out that Moss had more years in the NFL to learn, and had some humbling years in Oakland to further that education. Then it took Moss going to an organization that does not allow prima donas. One that has an established veteran QB who is respected by the team. One that has a coach who will not put up w/ antics. That was a situation Moss was able to shine in. We are so far removed from that situation it is a joke, as would be our trading for CJ.

I would make the move if the Bengals included a 2nd round pick in addition to Johnson. I have zero problem moving Urlacher, in fact, if Dallas or any other team with 2 1st rounders offered them up for Urlacher I would bite on it right now (Because I believe the Bears have a lot of needs which could be filled, Briggs could slide into the middle and we could use Jamar on the outside with Hunter; yes it is a bit of a downgrade but if it enables the Bears to upgrade all over the rest of the field...ie, oline, rb, WR could all be addressed early with potential impact guys, plus even the safety position).

NO.

Nada.

Uh uh.

Is Urlacher unhappy in Chicago? Or just unhappy his bank account isn't a bit larger?

I do not trade the best MLB in the game for a cancer with no one to throw to him...

Both players aren't happy where they are. The Bears need help at WR. The Bengals need a playmaker at LB. We all know this trade would never, ever happen. But if it was offered, who would turn it down and why?