latest Bears rumblings...

GakMan23

Bears | Team has many targets in draft

Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:08:41 -0700

The Northwest Herald reports the Chicago Bears have clearly stressed the need for offensive line help in this year's NFL Draft. In addition, the team will also consider selecting a running back, quarterback, wide receiver and a defensive lineman.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bears | Offensive line is key

Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:03:04 -0700

The Northwest Herald reports Chicago Bears offensive coordinator Ron Turner said everything starts with a good offensive line. "You can't win in this league without being solid and good up front," Turner said, "no matter how good your back is, no matter how good your quarterback is. It all starts up there."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bears | Team could trade up in draft

Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:53:56 -0700

The Northwest Herald reports Chicago Bears general manager Jerry Angelo said he is not ruling out the option of the team trading up in this year's NFL Draft. Angelo thinks there are about 10 special players in this year's draft class. However, since Angelo joined the team in 2001, they have never traded up in the first round.

Bears | Team not ruling out trade for Gould

Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:53:26 -0700

The Associated Press reports Chicago Bears general manager Jerry Angelo said the team does not anticipate trading PK Robbie Gould and have not had any discussions with other teams. However, Angelo said if a trade became available that would make the team better, they would look to possibly trade.

Bears | Team not ruling out trade for Hester

Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:52:58 -0700

The Associated Press reports Chicago Bears general manager Jerry Angelo said the team does not anticipate trading WR Devin Hester and have not had any discussions with other teams. However, Angelo said if a trade became available that would make the team better, they would look to possibly trade.

Bears | Team not ruling out trade for T. Harris

Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:52:23 -0700

The Associated Press reports Chicago Bears general manager Jerry Angelo said the team does not anticipate trading DL Tommie Harris and have not had any discussions with other teams. However, Angelo said if a trade became available that would make the team better, they would look to possibly trade.

Bears | Team not ruling out trade for Urlacher

Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:42:57 -0700

The Associated Press reports Chicago Bears general manager Jerry Angelo said the team does not anticipate trading LB Brian Urlacher and have not had any discussions with other teams. However, Angelo said if a trade became available that would make the team better, they would look to possibly trade.

My guess on the 10 "special" players are Ryan, McFadden, Dorsey, Long, Long, Gholston, Albert, Ellis, Clady, and Mendenhall. Other possibilities are Harvey, Williams, and perhaps McKelvin or Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

My guess on the 10 "special" players are Ryan, McFadden, Dorsey, Long, Long, Gholston, Albert, Ellis, Clady, and Mendenhall. Other possibilities are Harvey, Williams, and perhaps McKelvin or Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

I believe your first 10 look about right. If that is the case, Mendenhall or Clady may be in our future.

10 special players. I think that means he either moves up or since he isn't going to get one of those guys opts to move down in the draft because he has a lot of guys graded in a similar spot (ie, maybe he has the Tackles graded all so closely that it would pay off to move down).

Or option 3, it is spin. You say you see 10 special players, and then after the draft, whoever you took at 14 just so happens to be one of them.

I believe your first 10 look about right. If that is the case, Mendenhall or Clady may be in our future.

I think that is closer to "our" top 10. Albert is w/o question in my top 10, but I have a feeling he isn't there for Angelo. Frankly, I can see Otah grading higher for Angelo than Albert. Also not so sure Angelo has Mendenhal in his top 10.

Guest TerraTor
Bears | Team has many targets in draft

Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:08:41 -0700

The Northwest Herald reports the Chicago Bears have clearly stressed the need for offensive line help in this year's NFL Draft. In addition, the team will also consider selecting a running back, quarterback, wide receiver and a defensive lineman.

Bears | Offensive line is key

Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:03:04 -0700

The Northwest Herald reports Chicago Bears offensive coordinator Ron Turner said everything starts with a good offensive line. "You can't win in this league without being solid and good up front," Turner said, "no matter how good your back is, no matter how good your quarterback is. It all starts up there."

Bears | Team could trade up in draft

Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:53:56 -0700

The Northwest Herald reports Chicago Bears general manager Jerry Angelo said he is not ruling out the option of the team trading up in this year's NFL Draft. Angelo thinks there are about 10 special players in this year's draft class. However, since Angelo joined the team in 2001, they have never traded up in the first round.

Bears | Team not ruling out trade for Gould

Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:53:26 -0700

The Associated Press reports Chicago Bears general manager Jerry Angelo said the team does not anticipate trading PK Robbie Gould and have not had any discussions with other teams. However, Angelo said if a trade became available that would make the team better, they would look to possibly trade.

Bears | Team not ruling out trade for Hester

Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:52:58 -0700

The Associated Press reports Chicago Bears general manager Jerry Angelo said the team does not anticipate trading WR Devin Hester and have not had any discussions with other teams. However, Angelo said if a trade became available that would make the team better, they would look to possibly trade.

Bears | Team not ruling out trade for T. Harris

Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:52:23 -0700

The Associated Press reports Chicago Bears general manager Jerry Angelo said the team does not anticipate trading DL Tommie Harris and have not had any discussions with other teams. However, Angelo said if a trade became available that would make the team better, they would look to possibly trade.

Bears | Team not ruling out trade for Urlacher

Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:42:57 -0700

The Associated Press reports Chicago Bears general manager Jerry Angelo said the team does not anticipate trading LB Brian Urlacher and have not had any discussions with other teams. However, Angelo said if a trade became available that would make the team better, they would look to possibly trade.

How can u go from SUper Bowl to needs QB. RB, WR... woW!

Guest TerraTor
I think that is closer to "our" top 10. Albert is w/o question in my top 10, but I have a feeling he isn't there for Angelo. Frankly, I can see Otah grading higher for Angelo than Albert. Also not so sure Angelo has Mendenhal in his top 10.

well angelo is a pretty good judge of offensive talent so, Grossman, Benson, (lucky with Olsen), Columbo, Wolfe, bradley... phew... its tuff to type all the future HOF

well angelo is a pretty good judge of offensive talent so, Grossman, Benson, (lucky with Olsen), Columbo, Wolfe, bradley... phew... its tuff to type all the future HOF

Columbo was a good pick, and is proving that now, he just had shit luck with injuries while here. Wolfe and Bradley are unknown at this point regardless of whatever doom-and-gloom prognostications you would like to throw out there for them. Everything I've seen from Mark says he can be a very good receiver, too bad our staff screwed the pooch on that one last year, BIG TIME.