Briggs going to court

sprout

From PFT.com

HOT WATER FOR BRIGGS?

Posted by Mike Florio on April 24, 2008, 3:20 p.m.

In June, Bears linebacker Lance Briggs will have to play a different kind of defense in a court of law.

According to Michael Sneed of the Chicago Sun-Times, Briggs is required to appear before a judge on June 19 to explain why Briggs left the state without the judge’s permission.

Briggs’ travel restrictions are a result of the one-year probation arising from his guilty plea to fleeing the scene of an accident after he crashed his Lamborghini in 2007. Briggs later called police and reported the car to be stolen.

In addition to probation, Briggs was ordered to perform 120 hours of community service. To date, he has performed a grand total of, let’s see, two. The judge wants to know on June 19 how Briggs plans to fulfill his obligation.

At his current rate, it will take about thirty years.

Not to be negative, but you would be surprised at what some judged would allow to be considered "community service", like playing in a charity golf tournament.

I would also throw out how most of the players already do a bunch of charity events. Going to a school. Attending a kids youth football camp. Etc.

It is a nice thought that he would be wearing bright orange, picking up trash on the side of the highway, but I bet his agent will work out some very cushy "community service" assignments.

It is a nice thought that he would be wearing bright orange, picking up trash on the side of the highway, but I bet his agent will work out some very cushy "community service" assignments.

Maybe Bright Orange and Navy Blue with 55 on the back?