trade up with Bills?

butkusrules

If a move up gets us Clady or Albert, I am all for it. However, if those two are gone, then I would hang tight at 14.

I agree, however, I just can not see JA doing this. I can see him on the phone now trying to make a move down the board. As long as we get 2 good prospects for the OL in the first 3-4 rounds with the first being one of the top OLT prospects we have all been discussing then I will be fine with us moving down. Needless to say if we got Clady or Albert, I would be ecstatic!

What else would we have to give up? A 2nd or 3rd? If so that might be too much for me to want to move up. Unless they have a guy on their boards they are salivating for that is there unexpectedly I doubt they would make a move like this.

According the the Pick Value Chart Buffalo's #11 pick is valued at 1250. Our 14th pick is valued at 1100. We would have to give them our #11 and our second selection in round 3 (#90 - valued at 140) to swing the trade. 1250 points for 1240 points (maybe throw in our regular 7th rounder as well which is another 9.6 points making it 1250 for 1249.6)

If a move up gets us Clady or Albert, I am all for it. However, if those two are gone, then I would hang tight at 14.

Seems like Williams have moved up enough as well. In fact, many of the rumors now point to Denver maybe liking Wiliams over Clady, as some feel Williams is more NFL ready and polished, not to mention you know Cutler is pushing hard for him.

It may take even less. The value chart is a base, but circumstances cause the value to move up and down.

By all reports, Buffalo wants out of their pick. There is simply no player they want worth the slot. A move w/ us allows them to drop only a couple spots w/ the two teams they drop past very unlikely to draft a WR. Win win for Buffalo. They get a pick in return and get the player they want for less money and better value.

So, IMHO, I think we should be able to get the deal done for our late 3rd, if not our 4th. We are talking about their dropping past only 2 teams (we don't count as they know what we are doing).

The kicker in all this could be Phily. Recent rumors have Phily looking to make a jump up, I believe for OL as well, wanting to get in front of Carolina, us, Det and others. They will offer more, but the question is, would Buffalo like to drop a little, or a lot.