The UDFA Thread

Da Bears 88

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears have agreed to terms with undrafted free-agent QB Nick Hill (Southern Illinois). Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears have agreed to terms with undrafted free-agent WR Curtis Hamilton (Western Kentucky). Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

April 2nd:

The Bears will bring Georgia offensive lineman Chester Adams to Halas Hall next week for a pre-draft visit. He is one of eight known players who have a visit scheduled or have made one, joining quarterbacks Nick Hill of Southern Illinois and Caleb Hanie of Colorado State, safeties Matthew Harper of Oregon and Haruki Nakamura of Cincinnati, San Diego State running back Brandon Bornes, Western Kentucky wide receiver Curtis Hamilton and Oregon defensive tackle David Faaeteete.

Having come from SIU myself, Im excited to see Nick Hill get a chance with the Bears. He is mobile and incredibly accurate, and he is a pretty big kid. I wish Nick all the best with the Bears, hopefully he gets a shot some time in the future to compete for a starting job

Amen to that...

...and thank you for the comments! I know so little of the guy.

Having come from SIU myself, Im excited to see Nick Hill get a chance with the Bears. He is mobile and incredibly accurate, and he is a pretty big kid. I wish Nick all the best with the Bears, hopefully he gets a shot some time in the future to compete for a starting job

From the Bears Website:

LAKE FOREST, Ill. – Quarterbacks Nick Hill of Southern Illinois and Caleb Hanie of Colorado State were among 10 undrafted free agents to sign with the Bears on Monday.

The rest of the group includes Montana OT Cody Balogh, UCLA DB Trey Brown, Pittsburgh DE Joe Clermond, Oregon DT David Faaeteete, Western Kentucky WR Curtis Hamilton, St. Xavier PK Shane Longest, Indiana DB Leslie Majors and San Diego State DE Nick Osborn.

So really we signed two qb's that people were looking to take in the fifth round.

I wonder if the doomsayers would have been in effect if we would have used the 5th rounder on one of them?

Seriously man, get a grip. We don't need you to point this out a hundred times.

listening to JAs press conference today it sounds like there was a qb in the 4th round that they really liked and thought about taking, but they felt steltz was a starter and the qb probably wasn't....looking at what qb was drafted after craig and before bowman...it looks like we were looking at booty

From PFT,

BEARS SIGN TEN, TOO

Posted by Mike Florio on April 28, 2008, 2:52 p.m.

The Chicago Bears have announced the signing of ten free agents.

They are: Coly Balaugh, T, Montana; Trey Brown, DB, UCLA; Joe Clermond, DE, Pittsburgh; David Faaeteete, DT, Oregon; Curtis Hamilton, WR, W. Kentucky; Caleb Hanie, QB, Colorado St.; Nick Hill, QB, S. Illinois; Shane Longest, K, St. Xavier, Leslie Majors, DB, Indiana, Nick Osborn, DE, San Diego St.