Bears Sign a Running Back

AtHomeBoy_2000

any word on who it is???

All it was is signing a RB who was in camp as a tryout player. I am certain, IMO, it has nothing to do with the recent relevations about Benson.

Roster addition: Williams apparently wasn't the only player who impressed coaches over the weekend. On Monday, the Bears signed Massachusetts running back Matt Lawrence, a 6-1, 210-pounder who participated in the rookie minicamp on a tryout basis.

any word on who it is???

Some more info from the Sun times

Bears sign RB Lawrence to roster

Did it have something to do with the weekend trouble Cedric Benson got himself in?

The Bears wouldn’t say if it did.

But the club added a running back Monday, signing Matt Lawrence, the undrafted free agent from UMass who participated in the rookie minicamp this weekend on a tryout basis.

The 6-1, 210-pounder transferred to he I-AA school from Connecticut. He started 13 games last season, rushing for 1,585 yards and 16 touchdowns. Lawrence moves well, has good quickness and showed he can be a contributor in special teams over the weekend. That brings to six the number of backs the Bears have on the roster. He joins Benson, Matt Forte, Adrian Peterson, Garrett Wolfe and P.J. Pope.

To answer the original question. No, it means we are doing what every team should... bringing as many warm bodies at RB into camp as possible.

Says he has speed and can contribute on STs. That seems to fit Lovie's profile. And I forgot about Pope still being there for TC.