Gould contract is HUGE

Connorbear

He is the highest paid kicker, but really, it isn't that big of a salary, imo. Especially when you factor into the massive effect kickers have on today's game. Gould isn't the best kicker in the NFL, but he ranks in the top 5-7 and because of that I feel he is more than worthy of the salary he got. His only legitimate weakness is the fact that he isn't really capable of going out and hitting 50+ yard field goals. But anything inside of 45 and he's as accurate, if not more accurate, than anyone in the league.

He is the highest paid kicker, but really, it isn't that big of a salary, imo. Especially when you factor into the massive effect kickers have on today's game. Gould isn't the best kicker in the NFL, but he ranks in the top 5-7 and because of that I feel he is more than worthy of the salary he got. His only legitimate weakness is the fact that he isn't really capable of going out and hitting 50+ yard field goals. But anything inside of 45 and he's as accurate, if not more accurate, than anyone in the league.

The one area that he excels in is kicking at Soldier Field, which in December and January is pretty hard to do. That alone bumps him up a notch. A ton of the other Top 10 kickers are kicking in a dome or in nice weather. I would say he is definitely a top 5 kicker when you take that into consideration.

Well, it's an EXTENSION, so it really should be looked at as a 6 year $15MM contract, which is much more reasonable. Plus it says "[t]he $15.5 million includes performance incentives," so not all of that money is guaranteed, but rather total possible sum, and I wouldn't doubt it if the deal is worth closer to 2 per with another mil worth of incentives that if reached, just proves it was a contract well-earned, and not a rip.

Well, it's an EXTENSION, so it really should be looked at as a 6 year $15MM contract, which is much more reasonable. Plus it says "[t]he $15.5 million includes performance incentives," so not all of that money is guaranteed, but rather total possible sum, and I wouldn't doubt it if the deal is worth closer to 2 per with another mil worth of incentives that if reached, just proves it was a contract well-earned, and not a rip.

It's TERRIFIC to see us rewarding our own guys who've performed. Heck, he's 25 now so he'll be 31 when this contract expires??? Not bad.

It is a great thing for Robbie that is for sure. Imagine the fact that prior to signing with the Bears, he had been cut a couple of times and if I am not mistaking was working a regular 8-5 job when the Bears came calling. In the short amount of time he has been with the club, Robbie definitely has earned his money and now is being paid the money. It is a great thing for sure.