Super Bowl?????

Wesson44

Bears | T. Harris predicts Super Bowl

Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:31:48 -0700

The NFL Network reports Chicago Bears DL Tommie Harris feels the defense has the capabilities to be the best in the league and predicts the team going to the Super Bowl.

:drink

name='Wesson44' date='Jul 18 2008, 01:06 AM' post='41681']

The NFL Network reports Chicago Bears DL Tommie Harris feels the defense has the capabilities to be the best in the league and predicts the team going to the Super Bowl.

The old saying goes, "Defense Wins Championships." But, D can't do it alone. I think we can surprise some critics this year with a playoff appearance, but Superbowl is lofty given our question marks.

:drink

I think that the Super Bowl is a bit of a reach at this point. But you never know. The Giants were not looked at as being a Super Bowl team at the start of last season and to be playing the 18-0 Patriots in the big game........well that lost a lot of money for some people! IIMHO I think that we get to the playoff at 10-6 or 11-5. But looking at who we play this year only The Colts,Jaguars, Eagles,Vikings are the only really strong teams we play.

Its better than just saying "Were F*cked"

No doubt about that! Harris gets a nice offseason deal, there's talk about him becoming the leader on the D and of course he says they can go all the way. Harris is a nice change of pace from the whinners like Briggs and our poster boy Url. Now, if Harris and Brown stay healthy (Big if, along with Url) We will dominate on D. O is, sadly, a big ?.

If our defense is indeed dominant (which I wouldn't be surprised at), and we once again have the best ST in the league, all we need is the offense to do is not to suck (and I think that's possible), and we would have a good shot at the playoffs. And once in the playoffs, anything can happen.

If our defense is indeed dominant (which I wouldn't be surprised at), and we once again have the best ST in the league, all we need is the offense to do is not to suck (and I think that's possible), and we would have a good shot at the playoffs. And once in the playoffs, anything can happen.

This football team will have a dominant defense and the best ST in the league. Obviously, what we have lacked in the past, is an offense. That didn't stop us from getting there in 06. I do think this offense will be a true surprise to most everyone out there. You watch them start using that 2 TE singleback formation as part of the scheme and with our talent at TE, it will work as good for us as anyone that uses it. ( See Dallas and Indy). It tells me why they drafted Kellen Davis. Keep your eyes open for this offense. This might just be the year they actually show up to play.

Guest TerraTor
Actually, when we were 1-4 or whatever it was back in 2005 and Mike Brown said "It's like we suck", it worked.

I think it all depends on Urlacher's health. You saw what losing Mike Brown, Vasher, Harris did but his absence would be the end of us

IMHO it all depends on if Ron Turner wants to win or lose. If he wants to lose he will just keep calling the same old sorry game. If he wants to win then he will mix and match+ this offense, using Jones/Forte to pound the ball in the running game. He will use the two tall TE'S Olsen & Davis in the red zone. And use Hester/Davis/Wolfe as quick strike guys (get them the ball in space). He needs to use the HB toss sweep, screen pass to the RB/TE/RB. Just a better ball control game plan.l

name='Wesson44' date='Jul 19 2008, 01:44 AM' post='41722']

IMHO it all depends on if Ron Turner wants to win or lose. If he wants to lose he will just keep calling the same old sorry game. If he wants to win then he will mix and match+ this offense, using Jones/Forte to pound the ball in the running game. He will use the two tall TE'S Olsen & Davis in the red zone. And use Hester/Davis/Wolfe as quick strike guys (get them the ball in space). He needs to use the HB toss sweep, screen pass to the RB/TE/RB. Just a better ball control game plan.

I wish it were that simple. Calling the plays and executing them are different sides of the coin. If your QB doesn't have the instincts to hit the right target or call the right audible, you are screwed. If your WR's drop crucial chain moving passes, screwed again. If your OL is consistently being overpowered by a better opposition, screwed again. Don't get me wrong, I love your offensive philosophy, but it is simply flawed by the variables within the game. I'd say it's about 50% execution, 25% talent and 25% play calling.

July is the time for dreaming big baby!!! If he said, "I guarantee we will make the Super Bowl!" I might have a problem with it. But guaranteeing something and predicting something are two different things. I'd be pissed at any Bear who didn't think we could win the Super Bowl.

I wish it were that simple. Calling the plays and executing them are different sides of the coin. If your QB doesn't have the instincts to hit the right target or call the right audible, you are screwed. If your WR's drop crucial chain moving passes, screwed again. If your OL is consistently being overpowered by a better opposition, screwed again. Don't get me wrong, I love your offensive philosophy, but it is simply flawed by the variables within the game. I'd say it's about 50% execution, 25% talent and 25% play calling.

I'm sorry to tell you my friend....it is that simple.If you call the right plan and if your players do what they are getting paid to do then its that simple. You are right about the dropped passes, being overpowered, and the right audibles, put picture this....if you are getting overpowered up the middle(dang) change the pace and run to the outside!. If certain WR are dropping the ball then put them on the bench and use the guys that can catch. SIMPLE For every action there is a reaction, and if studied right the reaction is better than the action.

name='Wesson44' date='Jul 20 2008, 11:20 PM' post='41768']

I'm sorry to tell you my friend....it is that simple.If you call the right plan and if your players do what they are getting paid to do then its that simple. You are right about the dropped passes, being overpowered, and the right audibles, put picture this....if you are getting overpowered up the middle(dang) change the pace and run to the outside!. If certain WR are dropping the ball then put them on the bench and use the guys that can catch. SIMPLE For every action there is a reaction, and if studied right the reaction is better than the action.

I hope you are right bro. I hope you get some cooler weather soon. Keep your head down and stay safe!

If it was that easy anyone could do it. Theres a lot more to coaching then hoping players will do what theyre paid to do and if not benching them.

Um, what the hell did you expect him to say?

We'll finish 0-16? :rolleyes:

Exactly what we expected.

Look, it's great he has the confidence that we'll go to the Super Bowl. But you can't go to the Super Bowl with absolutely no offense (which we have). Our special teams is great (or how great will it be without Ayanbedejo?) and our defense is good (when healthy, which is like 3% of the time). If our special teams drops off because of the loss of Ayan, if Urlacher's neck starts hurting him- if Tommie plays 80% every game like he did the past year- if Tillman and Vasher get hurt- when Mike Brown gets hurt, and if our offense sucks as much as I think it will, we're looking at a 4-12, 5-11, or 6-10 year.

Exactly what we expected.

Look, it's great he has the confidence that we'll go to the Super Bowl. But you can't go to the Super Bowl with absolutely no offense (which we have). Our special teams is great (or how great will it be without Ayanbedejo?) and our defense is good (when healthy, which is like 3% of the time). If our special teams drops off because of the loss of Ayan, if Urlacher's neck starts hurting him- if Tommie plays 80% every game like he did the past year- if Tillman and Vasher get hurt- when Mike Brown gets hurt, and if our offense sucks as much as I think it will, we're looking at a 4-12, 5-11, or 6-10 year.

First off, I do not think the loss of one player, as good as he was, will effect the play of our special teams units much, if at all. AP will be returning to the unit and we have some players that will fill the void just fine.

Secondly, our OL should be improved, I know our position at RB is vastly improved, and you can't tell me the loss of two WRs who dropped as many passes as they caught will hurt us that much. I think our offense will be improved over last year with the talent we currently have and I am sure Angelo will be adding a piece or two to the equation before the preseason is over.

Almost everything you gave as reasons for us to be 4-12, 5-11, or 6-10 happened last year and we were 7-9. Our schedule, as far as teams we have to play this year compared to last year, is softer IMO.

We seem to have a lot of doom sayers on the forum. Have a little optimism, it feels good!

I see a 10-6 in our future and a trip to the playoffs.

First off, I do not think the loss of one player, as good as he was, will effect the play of our special teams units much, if at all. AP will be returning to the unit and we have some players that will fill the void just fine.

Secondly, our OL should be improved, I know our position at RB is vastly improved, and you can't tell me the loss of two WRs who dropped as many passes as they caught will hurt us that much. I think our offense will be improved over last year with the talent we currently have and I am sure Angelo will be adding a piece or two to the equation before the preseason is over.

Almost everything you gave as reasons for us to be 4-12, 5-11, or 6-10 happened last year and we were 7-9. Our schedule, as far as teams we have to play this year compared to last year, is softer IMO.

We seem to have a lot of doom sayers on the forum. Have a little optimism, it feels good!

I see a 10-6 in our future and a trip to the playoffs.

That's what you feel. He was our best ST tackler and best ST blocker, IMO, and you can't just fill him in with 1 guy. It's going to take a collective extra 10% from each guy.

Secondly, I don't see how our OL is improved. Williams is a stud but he's a rookie and besides Joe Thomas and few others, rookie OT's tend to struggle. He will show flashes but I think he'll struggle most of the time this season.

Last year, Berrian looked good coming into the year, we thought Cedric could do more, we had no idea Moose was going to blow as much as he did, we didn't know Vasher and Tillman would get hurt, and we had our best ST blocker and best ST tackler. This year, we have an aged Marty Booker, we have Hester who nobody knows if he'll progress in the WR department, and then a significant drop-off starting with the injury proned Mark Bradley. And actually, going into last year, I truley felt we'd be 10-6, and that isn't because we were coming off a trip to the Super Bowl.

I sure as hell hope he's right. The last time he made the prediction they made it. If the defense is 100% all season, anything is possible (and it would definitely allow the offense to buy time and develop).