Urlacher Signs

SoxFan1

After Hester, do we have anyone left to lockup (besides signing Williams)? Man, it is nice to know we will have our best players for another 4-6 years with Vasher, Tillman, Harris, Briggs, Urlacher, and possibly Hester. Hopefully after this season we can put Williams in our best players list. Man, would it be GREAT if he is our franchise LT.

Also, I love Urlacher on the field... but I am sure that extra million per season was a necessity for his life style. After all, how can you put a roof over your head and pay all that child support for all your illegitimate children on only 6.5 million per year?

After Hester, do we have anyone left to lockup (besides signing Williams)? Man, it is nice to know we will have our best players for another 4-6 years with Vasher, Tillman, Harris, Briggs, Urlacher, and possibly Hester. Hopefully after this season we can put Williams in our best players list. Man, would it be GREAT if he is our franchise LT.

Also, I love Urlacher on the field... but I am sure that extra million per season was a necessity for his life style. After all, how can you put a roof over your head and pay all that child support for all your illegitimate children on only 6.5 million per year?

Well considering hes getting paid for what he does on the field and not in his personal life it shouldnt matter. Im assuming you think the same way about every player thats ever held out, or is it just ones that you dont agree with them having children out of wed lock?

I was listening to someone talk on the radio and they indicated that St. Clair is will be a significant upgrade at the guard position. Apparently the Bears are very high on him as a guard and because of that they won't really look around at Brown much (unless they plan on replacing Garza).

The one thing that hurts is St. Clair moving to guard means you really don't have a backup tackle (unless you plan on moving St. Clair outside if anyone goes down and bringing in Metcalf which would be horrid).

The one thing that hurts is St. Clair moving to guard means you really don't have a backup tackle (unless you plan on moving St. Clair outside if anyone goes down and bringing in Metcalf which would be horrid).

Backup Tackle sounds to me like the kind of position we might be able to fill as training camp cuts hit?

What's everyone's guess on the contract Hester is going to want? I'm going to say 8 years, $56 million. Higher or lower??

The Chicago Sun Times reported a month ago that Hester was looking for a Bernard Berrian type contract, 6 years, 43 million.

But I also heard ( think) that they were talking about a deal for Hester that was in the range of 4 years 18 million. Esentially that would be a 2 year 16+ million $$$ extension since he's on the books for the next two years at less then a million each year. (Please remember I can't remember if I heard those numbers from my bartender or a more credible source.)

IMO Hester'd be stupid if he didn't sign some sort of extension to get paid immediately. We have him on the books for 2 more years, and the 3rd year (unless the collective bargaining agreement changes) he'd be a restricted free agent. Or we could use the franchise tag on him. Either way, it'll be 3 years before he hits the open market.

Hester relies on his quickness to make big plays. One bad knee injury could reduce his effectiveness (or in Mark Bradley's case, 2 bad knee injuries)

The Chicago Sun Times reported a month ago that Hester was looking for a Bernard Berrian type contract, 6 years, 43 million.

But I also heard ( think) that they were talking about a deal for Hester that was in the range of 4 years 18 million. Esentially that would be a 2 year 16+ million $$$ extension since he's on the books for the next two years at less then a million each year. (Please remember I can't remember if I heard those numbers from my bartender or a more credible source.)

IMO Hester'd be stupid if he didn't sign some sort of extension to get paid immediately. We have him on the books for 2 more years, and the 3rd year (unless the collective bargaining agreement changes) he'd be a restricted free agent. Or we could use the franchise tag on him. Either way, it'll be 3 years before he hits the open market.

Hester relies on his quickness to make big plays. One bad knee injury could reduce his effectiveness (or in Mark Bradley's case, 2 bad knee injuries)

I'd try to lock him up for a shorter contract, something around 4 years, $32 million. I know 8 per might be too much, but if we give him 6-7 per for 6-9 years and he has a serious knee injury that leaves him 1 or 2 steps slower, atleast we wouldn't be locked up giving him 6-7 per for that long.

EDIT- Crap, you kind of just said that. I only read the 6-43 part of your post until after I made mine, which is when I read it all. :lol: