Favre's an idiot!!!

'TD'

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...l?urn=nfl,95401

Wednesday, Jul 23, 2008 9:31 am EDT

Brett Favre might want to invest in his own cell phone

By MJD

It's not as poetically idiotic as Chris Henry getting arrested while wearing his own jersey, but this one's in the same neighborhood.

Remember those tampering charges that the Packers filed against the Vikings? And remember how I thought it would be difficult for the Packers to prove that Favre had made inappropriate contact with the Vikings?

Well, that assumed that Brett Favre wasn't using a Packers-issued cell phone to make those calls to the Vikings. As it turns out, Favre may have done exactly that.

From the Minneapolis Star-Tribune:

...Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel had an interesting bit of information in a piece he wrote about the quarterback today.

McGinn writes that a source said Favre had continued to use a Packers-issued cell phone and that when the team checked the phone records it found “repeated calls to coach Brad Childress and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell.”

The possibility of Favre having used a phone issued by the Packers had been speculated on last week after the Associated Press reported that Green Bay informed the NFL it felt “an investigation of the phone records would show more than ‘normal contact’ between the Vikings and Favre, even before he formally asked for his release to play for another team.”

In fairness to Favre, it should be mentioned that any phone calls he made to the Vikings were made in a gunslinging fashion, and through the entire conversation, he looked like a kid out there, just having fun.

Say this turns out to be true, and tampering by the Vikings can be proved. And say that the Packers do what they're expected to do, and block Favre from playing for the Vikings. Favre could end up costing the Vikings draft picks and fines while never playing a down for them, while also putting the Packers in this miserable position.

Give him a couple more weeks, and he might just find a way to tear down the entire NFC North.

So NFL teams issue players cell phones.....why the hell would teams do that?

I see it with doctors and businessmen, why would a team need to get ahold of a player that quickly?

I dunno - can you think of a profession where someone makes over 250k a year and their company doesn't provide a cell phone?

I would also think that it gives teams the ability to contact players about things before they read them in the newspaper or on the internet - and players contact the team too.

Company paid cell phones is pretty common. In my company, even I have a cell phone, and not many are lower than I. Especially for any who travel for business, company cell phones are pretty standard.

But he's technically retired. I guess they conveniently forgot to get the phone back from him when he left Lambeau for the last time.

WHICH IS FRIGGEN AWESOME! This couldn't be better gang. The Packers are making asses of themselves, taking down one of their beloved players in the process (actually he's taking himself and them down) while also implicating another of our rivals. Talk about major distractions!

Hey, fair's fair. We had to deal with Manning, Lance, Tank and Ced... To name a few. It's their turn in the barrel.

By the way, to the original poster, we already knew Favre was a moron. This is just the 243rd bit of confirming evidence. Thanks.

I just love reading this!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...l?urn=nfl,95401

Wednesday, Jul 23, 2008 9:31 am EDT

Brett Favre might want to invest in his own cell phone

By MJD

It's not as poetically idiotic as Chris Henry getting arrested while wearing his own jersey, but this one's in the same neighborhood.

Remember those tampering charges that the Packers filed against the Vikings? And remember how I thought it would be difficult for the Packers to prove that Favre had made inappropriate contact with the Vikings?

Well, that assumed that Brett Favre wasn't using a Packers-issued cell phone to make those calls to the Vikings. As it turns out, Favre may have done exactly that.

From the Minneapolis Star-Tribune:

...Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel had an interesting bit of information in a piece he wrote about the quarterback today.

McGinn writes that a source said Favre had continued to use a Packers-issued cell phone and that when the team checked the phone records it found “repeated calls to coach Brad Childress and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell.”

The possibility of Favre having used a phone issued by the Packers had been speculated on last week after the Associated Press reported that Green Bay informed the NFL it felt “an investigation of the phone records would show more than ‘normal contact’ between the Vikings and Favre, even before he formally asked for his release to play for another team.”

In fairness to Favre, it should be mentioned that any phone calls he made to the Vikings were made in a gunslinging fashion, and through the entire conversation, he looked like a kid out there, just having fun.

Say this turns out to be true, and tampering by the Vikings can be proved. And say that the Packers do what they're expected to do, and block Favre from playing for the Vikings. Favre could end up costing the Vikings draft picks and fines while never playing a down for them, while also putting the Packers in this miserable position.

Give him a couple more weeks, and he might just find a way to tear down the entire NFC North.

Company paid cell phones is pretty common. In my company, even I have a cell phone, and not many are lower than I. Especially for any who travel for business, company cell phones are pretty standard.

I know that, but what I am sayin is that an NFL team is no ordinary company, yea I can see the men behind the scenes of an organization getting cell phones to conduct business but not the players...