SD WR Eric Parker....

Pixote

Source: Casey Pearce, Chargers.com

The Chargers Wednesday released veteran WR Eric Parker. After six seasons with the team, Parker missed the second half of 2007 with a lingering foot injury, and became expendable in large part after the team acquired WR Chris Chambers in a midseason trade last year.

Think there would be any interest? I am surprised he was released. Other than Chambers who they picked up in a trade last year, their WR corps is kind of thin.

Think there would be any interest? I am surprised he was released. Other than Chambers who they picked up in a trade last year, their WR corps is kind of thin.

I doubt it we have a ton of underachieving WR's already and we really need to see the potential of a lot of guys.

Parker is more proven than most of our guys but unless there is an injury I wouldn't expect the Bears to make a move. If a starter does become available I could see the Bears being willing to make a deal. But it would have to be a guy that they feel could step in and continue to improve and potentially develop into a #1 (and those guys don't exactly grow on trees).

I also want to point out that I believe Parker is currently better than most every WR on our current roster.

Playing Devil's advocate...do we sign him to put fear into Hester? And dump Bradley aftewards who can't stay healthy...

Parker is more proven than most of our guys but unless there is an injury I wouldn't expect the Bears to make a move. If a starter does become available I could see the Bears being willing to make a deal. But it would have to be a guy that they feel could step in and continue to improve and potentially develop into a #1 (and those guys don't exactly grow on trees).

I also want to point out that I believe Parker is currently better than most every WR on our current roster.

Playing Devil's advocate...do we sign him to put fear into Hester? And dump Bradley aftewards who can't stay healthy...

Again playing Devil's advocate: Is Parker any beter then Booker or Lloyd? Would we want him to replace Bennett or Rashied Davis?

Unless Parker con routinely turn punts & kicks into touchdowns, I don't see how signing Parker puts any fear into Hester.

I think Booker is better. Not sure about Lloyd. He's really shown nothing in the NFL. Parker has shown some signs.

Agreed.

Again playing Devil's advocate: Is Parker any beter then Booker or Lloyd? Would we want him to replace Bennett or Rashied Davis?

Unless Parker con routinely turn punts & kicks into touchdowns, I don't see how signing Parker puts any fear into Hester.

I think you could make a case that Parker is better at this point of his career than Booker (given Booker is on the downside and Parker still has athletic ability). Still I like Booker a lot.

It sounds as if the Browns are the early favorites to get Parker. Apparently he'd replace Jurevicius (don't know whats happening with Joe, but he's a guy I've always loved, perfect slot receiver).