REC 106 | YDS 1,372 | TD 13

Profile Stats Game Log

Stat Overview Receiving Rushing Fumbles

YEAR REC YDS AVG LNG TD ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST

2005 85 1228 14.4 73 12 2 18 9.0 15 1 0 0

2006 46 770 16.7 60 11 2 24 12.0 20 0 0 0

2007 106 1372 12.9 64 13 2 2 1.0 5 0 0 0

Just another camp body??

My guess is the best this guy can hope for is a shot at the practice squad. With Hester, Booker, LLoyd, Davis, Bradley, & Bennett, looking to be the front runners and players like Hass, Rideau & Monk lurking in the background, Ryan would have a very tough time breaking into the main roster.

If I had to guess right now, Hester, Booker, LLoyd, Davis, Bradley, & Bennett will make the main roster, Monk will go on the Practice squad, and Rideau, Hass, & Grice-Mullen will leave us when cuts are made (and I hate to say that because I like Hass a lot but from what I understand he does not do much on special teams and that will cause him to be cut).

I'm still not sold on Lloyd making the team. What does he bring that Monk doesn't?

From what I understand he is beginning to live up to the hype he had coming into the league now that he is reunited with Turner. Now, it is just training camp and we really will not know what he is doing until we see him on the field but if the reports of him in camp are true, he could be an excellent receiver for us with experience that Monk yet possesses.

Grice-Mullen is a long shot to make it in the NFL because he doesn't have the great speed coaches want in their receivers. Still, he was a lot of fun to watch playing for Hawaii! Once he had the ball, he had some juke moves that made defenders look really bad. LOL

From what I've seen in the videos Mullen is too slow to make it in this league. As I see it he can either get faster or he can get taller if he wants to stick around.

Monk...in the You Tube highlights Monk was very lazy coming inside on a crossing route and gator armed a pass allowing RMJ to knock the ball down. For his size he needs to be lot tougher going after the ball than that. Welcome to the practice squad Mr. Monk.

Lloyd...if he can get over his fear of getting hit he'll be a good WR for us. Maybe the fear of losing millions of dollars in potential salary will be greater than the fear of getting hit? In some of the highlights I've seen him laying out to make a catch which is a good sign IMO. We'll see if that keeps up when the defense is really hitting though.

As much as I want to see Monk make the roster, I just don't see it so far. He definately has the size, but he needs a year or Rusty Jones and getting knocked around by Browny to toughen him up. Right now, his chances of making the final roster are about 25%.

1. D Hester

2. M Booker

3. B Lloyd

4. E. Bennett

5. M. Bradley

6. if we keep 6 (Monk vs Hass)

As much as I want to see Monk make the roster, I just don't see it so far. He definately has the size, but he needs a year or Rusty Jones and getting knocked around by Browny to toughen him up. Right now, his chances of making the final roster are about 25%.

1. D Hester

2. M Booker

3. B Lloyd

4. E. Bennett

5. M. Bradley

6. if we keep 6 (Monk vs Hass)

You forgot R Davis, who just might be our best WR this year. He makes it 6, I do not think we go 7 on the active roster. Davis I believe will surprise many this year.

You forgot R Davis, who just might be our best WR this year. He makes it 6, I do not think we go 7 on the active roster. Davis I believe will surprise many this year.

That's exactly why I didn't really understand the Lloyd signing. If anything, the Bears are too deep in similar talent to make the perfect move. Either way there will be a quality guy getting cut.

Those who are guaranteed to stay:

Hester, Bennett, Booker, Davis

Those who will probably stay:

Bradley, Lloyd

That leaves two good, young players on the outside:

Haas, Monk

To be honest, I wouldn't be all that upset if Haas and Monk were switched with Bradley and Lloyd. Even though I think Bradley has the potential to truly be great, everything everyone says about Haas makes me think of guys like Marvin Harrison and Steve Largent, players who have bad numbers but run good routes and simply don't drop a ball.

That's exactly why I didn't really understand the Lloyd signing. If anything, the Bears are too deep in similar talent to make the perfect move. Either way there will be a quality guy getting cut.

Bradley, Lloyd

Haas, Monk

To be honest, I wouldn't be all that upset if Haas and Monk were switched with Bradley and Lloyd. Even though I think Bradley has the potential to truly be great, everything everyone says about Haas makes me think of guys like Marvin Harrison and Steve Largent, players who have bad numbers but run good routes and simply don't drop a ball.

I wouldn't be surpised to see Bradley go. Going back a few days on the commentary you can here him talking about how the coaches were constantly calling out bradley's name for running bad routes. Combine that with his limping problem (maybe he's not fully healed from his surgery yet), and the fact that the coaches weren't exactly very high on him last year and I can see us keeping the following:

Hester, Booker, Davis, Llyod, Bennett, Hass (sorry, he and bennett are just making some great catches in camp). Maybe we put Monk on the practice squad. I doubt he'd get picked up since he's coming off an injury and there are other FA wr's out there that could make a difference on an active roster such as terry glenn and who knows if bradley will still be with us, but would be more attractive than monk currently is.

If Bradley doesn't have the mental side down after this much time in the offense then I can definitely see him getting cut. He better step up if he wants a roster spot. I think in the end he makes the team and I see us keeping 6 WR because Hester does dual duty.

R. Davis

Booker (the mentor)

Lloyd

Bennett

Bradley

Hester

If Bradley gets cut or in the unlikely event he gets hurt I expect to see Hass on the roster.

Bradley, Lloyd

Haas, Monk

The thing with Lloyd is that supposedly he's out-played Booker over-all so far and is penciled in as one of the starters. Turner loves him since he provides a double-deep threat opposite Hester which should really allow us to open things up. It's tough to complain signing him.

I LOVE the fact that we have so much depth at WR and we're having this debate.

That being said, I think we stick with Bradley as our 6th WR. Mainly because, like you said, Bradley has the potential to be great. IMO Hass is the odd man out. For all Hass is doing in camp, you get the feeling the coaching staff is thrilled by his work ethic but not his ability. I wonder why we've never tried playing him on special teams?

The thing with Lloyd is that supposedly he's out-played Booker over-all so far and is penciled in as one of the starters. Turner loves him since he provides a double-deep threat opposite Hester which should really allow us to open things up. It's tough to complain signing him.

I LOVE the fact that we have so much depth at WR and we're having this debate.

That being said, I think we stick with Bradley as our 6th WR. Mainly because, like you said, Bradley has the potential to be great. IMO Hass is the odd man out. For all Hass is doing in camp, you get the feeling the coaching staff is thrilled by his work ethic but not his ability. I wonder why we've never tried playing him on special teams?

Do you guys seriously think we have so much depth at WR. We have a total of TWO, count that TWO, WR 'swho has proven a freakin thing in the NFL. One of them is Lloyd who since emerging signed a fat deal and completely dissapeared for a couple of seasons in Washington. The other is Booker who is past his prime. So I don't quite agree with the fact that the Bears have ridiculous depth.

And the Bradley character that gets hyped so much is the same player that even while healthy wasn't able to break what was considered a poor Bears WR Corp's. So ya, I'm not buying this depth argument one bit.

I wouldn't say we have depth, we simply have equivalent talent all the way around. Nobody stands out at all and that is obvious because there is not a single person on the planet who knows who our starting WRs are, not even the coaches. At the same time I don't think the talent is bottom of the barrel either. Offensive starting jobs up for grabs: QB, WR, WR, WR, LT, LG, RB, and although it's much less of a concern I'll add TE to that mix because we don't really know if it's Olsen or Clark. That's 8/11 spots with uncertainty.

IMO with this much turnover the coaches must make some decisions as early as possible so players can start to develop some continuity. If the QB job is going to wait until game 3 then the WR should be settled much sooner than that so both QBs know who they are working with.