Fans can't tailgate during the game...

DaBearSox

Sorta BS for the people that go for the tailgating festivities and watch the game on TV from the lot...

One good thing is that this affects only the lot near Soldier Field, like near the Aquarium. So people will still be able to hang out in the lots by the McCormic Center, near the hospital, etc.

That being said, I agree with the Drunkbombers sentiment about "the pussification of America." I miss the days in the old Soldier Field where it didn't take much to sneak in a 12 pack & a couple of sandwiches. If I tried that now I'd probably be detained by Homeland Security.

I just don't get the justifcation of it. They're saying that they have to hire extra security but:

1. It costs at least $50.00 to park there (probably much more, especially if you have a camper)

2. Don't they have to pay the security guys to make sure everyone's out?

Has there been some major problems that the Bears feel they need to do this?

I just don't get it.

I can't count how many times I have driven up to go to a game and want to get in a good tailgate only to be turned away because the lots were full by 7 a.m.!! Hopefully, next time I can get a spot. But, with ticket prices averaging @ $100. out on stubhub and ebay....I'll be in the Bears den at home!!!

If they were smart, they would create a tailgate area, and make a killing off refreshments and souvenirs.

It probably comes down to parking and fans with tickets not having a place to park.

Either way it sucks. Seems like they are killing a football tradition.

One good thing is that this affects only the lot near Soldier Field, like near the Aquarium. So people will still be able to hang out in the lots by the McCormic Center, near the hospital, etc.

Wait....so the south lot is unaffected? Thats the one I always park/tailgate in...I have spent a game or 2 watching it in a car when I was unable to get a ticket....its not like it raelly matters for me anyway, I don't know the next time i'll be back to see a game anyway and if it happens I am going to have a ticket anyway...

It probably comes down to parking and fans with tickets not having a place to park.

Season tickets holders have parking passes don't they? Well at least the option to buy one...

Season tickets holders have parking passes don't they? Well at least the option to buy one...

I have STs and I hope this doesn't mean all the free places to park 3-4 blocks away won't all of a sudden be blocked off. We usually park by McCormick Place and it's free and in the 3 years we've been parking there, never have we been bothered.

What are the Bears doing??