Rex Grossman needs good showing vs. Seattle

Pixote

Rex Grossman needs good showing vs. Seattle

An interesting article but mistitled in my opinion. It has far less to do with the title than it does with 10 topics of discussion that the author makes on issues for the Bears to face, only 1 of the 10 being Rex vs Kyle.

My favorite point of the 10 mentioned:

3. I know running back Kevin Jones still needs to get into football shape but his limited contributions since returning to practice have people excited about the possibilities.

Jones worked hard to get his weight below 230 pounds and doesn't favor the right knee he had surgery on to repair a torn ACL.

Rookie Matt Forte looks solid as the starter, but the bounce Jones brings to the huddle and locker room hasn't gone unnoticed. The team stills need to proceed cautiously, but don't be surprised if Jones plays an important role in the offense by the time the Bears play his former team, the Lions, on Oct. 5.

I got this:

"and Booker, while looking every bit of 32, has proved himself a reliable receiver and should get the benefit of the doubt. Can a team so thin on the offensive line keep six receivers?"

The implication here is that a guy hasn't really earned a roster spot but should get one out of respect. Booker knows preseason games 2 and 3 is where he needs to flash some good things and, like most veterans, I hope he turns it up a notch tomorrow.