Some thoughts after watching the game again

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

Individual Notes (in no real order)

IN THE GOOD

1. Orton - seems to know he "won" the "job"

2. Forte - i know its preseason, but i think he may be the new Neal Anderson (means alot coming from me, fav bear of all time) :notworthy

3. Llyod - actually liking this guy. I think now since he plays WITH Mike Brown he wont be such a pussy anymore

4. Bennett - great runback, dont know how good of a reciever cuz our offense bites, but i like his play

5. Urlacher - still looks as psycotic as always

6. Harrison - really plowing people and closing lanes

7. J. Williams - definately the 4th LB. good interception (notice what happens when u blitz)

8. Idoneji - really clogging up the middle and shows good speed and power

9. Graham - will eventually be playing next to Mike Brown

10. Steltz - total nut. once he comes into his own will be a great special teamer and hopefully a good SS

11. K. Davis - has all the tools to be a good player, great TD catch

12. Peters (45) - nice hair, looks completely insane. probably wont ever see much action, but cant ever have enough hit-stickers on your squad

13. Bob Babich - glad to see you took my advice and started blitzing

IN THE SHIT

1. Grossman - what do i type?

2. Bazuin - absultely useless, nice pick angelo

3. Bradley - are u breathing?

4. Ron Turner - you are aware you only get 4 tries to get 10 yards, right?

5. Lovie Smith - he looks like he has Alzheimer's on the sideline

6. Monk - nice hands last week, didnt see ya tonight

7. D. Manning - i seriously hate you, go back to community college dick

8. Jerry Angelo - see 1-7

Unit evaluations

1. All Offensive Line - sickening to watch :shakehead

2. 1st team Defense - dominant as ever

3. Special Teams - dominant everywhere but kickoff coverage

4. Centers/Long Snappers - wtf?

5. RBs - alot of talent and nowhere to run

- CHICAGO SUNTIMES CLASSIFIED -

WANTED: Left Guard. Must be from Division 1A or 2A school, cannot be blind, experience a plus

WANTED: Left Tackle. Must be from Division IA or 2A school, under 30, experience a plus

WANTED: General Manager. Must have college degree, must be open to drafting players people have actually heard of :blink:

*Some general notes

Brett Favre just go away

Matt Hasselback, do you enjoy continuously making an ass of yourself? Nice hat dickbag

Jamie Dukes, you are fat moron, seriously

Individual Notes (in no real order)

IN THE GOOD

1. Orton - seems to know he "won" the "job"

2. Forte - i know its preseason, but i think he may be the new Neal Anderson (means alot coming from me, fav bear of all time) :notworthy

3. Llyod - actually liking this guy. I think now since he plays WITH Mike Brown he wont be such a pussy anymore

4. Bennett - great runback, dont know how good of a reciever cuz our offense bites, but i like his play

5. Urlacher - still looks as psycotic as always

6. Harrison - really plowing people and closing lanes

7. J. Williams - definately the 4th LB. good interception (notice what happens when u blitz)

8. Idoneji - really clogging up the middle and shows good speed and power

9. Graham - will eventually be playing next to Mike Brown

10. Steltz - total nut. once he comes into his own will be a great special teamer and hopefully a good SS

11. K. Davis - has all the tools to be a good player, great TD catch

12. Peters (45) - nice hair, looks completely insane. probably wont ever see much action, but cant ever have enough hit-stickers on your squad

13. Bob Babich - glad to see you took my advice and started blitzing

IN THE SHIT

1. Grossman - what do i type?

2. Bazuin - absultely useless, nice pick angelo

3. Bradley - are u breathing?

4. Ron Turner - you are aware you only get 4 tries to get 10 yards, right?

5. Lovie Smith - he looks like he has Alzheimer's on the sideline

6. Monk - nice hands last week, didnt see ya tonight

7. D. Manning - i seriously hate you, go back to community college dick

8. Jerry Angelo - see 1-7

Unit evaluations

1. All Offensive Line - sickening to watch :shakehead

2. 1st team Defense - dominant as ever

3. Special Teams - dominant everywhere but kickoff coverage

4. Centers/Long Snappers - wtf?

5. RBs - alot of talent and nowhere to run

- CHICAGO SUNTIMES CLASSIFIED -

WANTED: Left Guard. Must be from Division 1A or 2A school, cannot be blind, experience a plus

WANTED: Left Tackle. Must be from Division IA or 2A school, under 30, experience a plus

WANTED: General Manager. Must have college degree, must be open to drafting players people have actually heard of :blink:

*Some general notes

Brett Favre just go away

Matt Hasselback, do you enjoy continuously making an ass of yourself? Nice hat dickbag

Jamie Dukes, you are fat moron, seriously

Orton...did nothing that thrilled me but probably wins job by default.

Forte...runs well, even makes great moves at times. He knows how to get skinny in the hole to squeeze through for a few yards and has the balance and vision to find holes on the backside of the play. Needs to learn who to block and when he does block he needs to not get run over.

Lloyd ...did good things as a WR but matador-style run blocking sucks

Bennett...gotta stop dropping 3rd down passes.

Harrison...kids gonna be good if he stays out of trouble.

Idonije...totally proved me wrong. He's been nothing but average at DE/DT for years why did it take this staff so long to tell him to bulk up to play DT?

Graham did well but nothing that really stands out.

Steltz played poorly, late in pass coverage, very late in run support and doesn't hit well. His speed is second rate.

K. Davis is going to be a big part of our offense for years to come.

Grossman...I don't think he played as poorly as sh*t. Overall he was decent and it would have been nice if he had the same time to throw that Orton had. He didn't do enough to win the QB job IMO.

Bazuin...why is he absolutely useless? He made a nice inside move and got pressure on the QB in the endzone and the end result of the play was a TD by Graham. He had other plays where he got pressure on the QB and had at least one tackle for a loss on a running play shedding the OT block to get inside. He is not a great outside speed rusher but he has enough speed to get around the end if he learns how to use his strength to turn the corner. In the goal line stands late in the game he was the only player on the backup Dline who didn't get pushed backwards and actually had a nice push upfield. From game 1 to game 2 he showed improvement and seemed more comfortable in the scheme than last week flowing better to the ball. OTOH Ervin Baldwin got pushed around all day even though he got one uncontested sack. Bazuin makes the team as our 4th DE.

Bradley...he's breathing because he stays away from contact. Seems to stay away from the football too. Give me Hass, a football player, over Bradley.

DManning...I didn't see him do much at all neither good nor bad. He was out there and in on tackles and had a couple decent special teams plays.

LG...the guy you want to replace got beat once that I could see and that was on a stunt and he still recovered well enough to slow the guy down. Why do you want to replace him? I'll say right now that he is going to be our starter and Metcalf goes back to the bench. It's also interesting how Beekman has the same physical stats 6'2" 310 lbs as Garza yet the coaches don't complain about Garza's stature. Beekman played better than Garza too.

LT...never saw St Clair get beat by his man and that's watching plays in slo-mo. I will say that his man got around the edge deep a few times but St Clair remained in contact with him. Normally the QB steps up and nobody thinks anything of this, happens to our DEs all the time. Instead Grossman backpedaled due to pressure up front. Why do you want to replace him?

RT...Tait got beat several times early but looked better heading into the second quarter. One one play Tait was completely turned around by the DE and was blocking with his back. Not sure what that technique is called.

RT part 2...I didn't see Barton get beat and again when his man made an outside rush he stayed in contact pushing him behind the pocket. He doesn't have great push on run blocks but he holds his ground. He's a good prospect for us.

RG...Garza did not look good, got moved back off the LOS several times and got beat on several pass rush moves. The right side of our line was not good yesterday.

Other Oline...Oakley he's ok.

Reed can't block anyone, looks alot like Metcalf does when he reaches out and touches nothing but air.

Balogh...bad at LT. Gets pushed all over the field, can't pass protect either.

I remember last season some people here thought he would replace Briggs and do just fine.

I'm so glad that Briggs re-signed. :D

Orton...did nothing that thrilled me but probably wins job by default.

Your post was right on, top to bottom, AZ54. I just watched the first half again in super high speed on the DVR (skipping all the time inbetween plays) and I saw Grossman perform well when given time. I saw Orton get better protection overall and his scoring drive was really made by two great catches by Lloyd. Both QB's played well when given time.

Bradley actually made a nice hit on special teams. Still, if you have someone like him on special teams, it ain't looking good for him.

The line stinks. When they weren't allowing DE's and DT's to fly by them, they were being called for penalty after penalty. I hope they get some help from JA and/or their pride as a unit comes back and they step up.

Next week we have San Fran. They blitzed and harrassed the Packers this week. They'll be a great test for our line. I don't see it happening but hopefully they get their shit together and show some real improvement.