Forte really can be an everydown back

KiLoc69

Watching the replay on NFLN this morning, I noticed how well rounded Forte's game really is right now as a rookie. I love how he always falls forward when running but what I really liked was his pass blocking. I only saw him whiff on a block once, the rest of the time he was picking up blitzes like a pro. My favorite Forte play though was on the interception. He never gave up on the play and ran down their corner and tackled him hard. Our defense came out and held them to a FG instead of what looked to be an easy defensive TD.

I also want to recognize Idonije who continues to play his ass off despite not getting too many accolades in the press.

Watching the replay on NFLN this morning, I noticed how well rounded Forte's game really is right now as a rookie. I love how he always falls forward when running but what I really liked was his pass blocking. I only saw him whiff on a block once, the rest of the time he was picking up blitzes like a pro. My favorite Forte play though was on the interception. He never gave up on the play and ran down their corner and tackled him hard. Our defense came out and held them to a FG instead of what looked to be an easy defensive TD.

I also want to recognize Idonije who continues to play his ass off despite not getting too many accolades in the press.

Agreed!!! Big time. I saw the tackle Forte made and wondered why we don't move him to strong safety. Damn he's big and fast.

Idonije looked great also.

Agreed!!! Big time. I saw the tackle Forte made and wondered why we don't move him to strong safety. Damn he's big and fast.

Idonije looked great also.

I think we will see RBBC - Kevin Jones will see a significant amount of time also. I wouldn't be surprised, if Jones is healthy, a 50/50 split in carries. Might be a good thing, as Rookies seem to wear down in the first year and wind up getting injured as a result.

I think we will see RBBC - Kevin Jones will see a significant amount of time also. I wouldn't be surprised, if Jones is healthy, a 50/50 split in carries. Might be a good thing, as Rookies seem to wear down in the first year and wind up getting injured as a result.

Forte/Jones backfield comb might be one of the better ones we've had in recent memory. In two games as a rookie he's shown more hustle and intensity than Benson shown in his 3 years as a Bear. I was watching the KC game again and they brought up a good point. Forte hasn't been the spotlight, or coddled his whole career. What he's go he's worked for and earned. He's a hard worker and that's the type of back we need. So many of these primadonna players who think they're all that and full of themselves. Forte seems truly humble and down to earth. Jones comes across that way as well. I'm liking how the backfield is shaping up.

Idonojie looks like a freaking stud. Between him, Harris, Harrison, Adams, and Dusty I'm very confident in the tackles this season (Which is a change from last season).

Have to agree on Forte/Jones. I got to meet them both in Bourbonnais. Forte is very quite. I got him to sign a Super Bowl program that they were selling in the souvenir shop. Jones seems pretty nice also, I met him outside of camp and he took the time shake hands and chat. Hopefully both of them have a sucessful season and we can get some respectability for our running game.

Forte/Jones backfield comb might be one of the better ones we've had in recent memory. In two games as a rookie he's shown more hustle and intensity than Benson shown in his 3 years as a Bear. I was watching the KC game again and they brought up a good point. Forte hasn't been the spotlight, or coddled his whole career. What he's go he's worked for and earned. He's a hard worker and that's the type of back we need. So many of these primadonna players who think they're all that and full of themselves. Forte seems truly humble and down to earth. Jones comes across that way as well. I'm liking how the backfield is shaping up.

Forte's blocking improved as the game went on but he's not very stout and gets moved around a lot. Mostly it appears he uncertain of who to block. Seattle was bringing guys from all directions with stunts all over the place so that's not really a shock. This is only his second game in the NFL if anything it's good Forte got to see this now. Aside from that his ability to make something out of nothing is very good to see.

Forte's blocking improved as the game went on but he's not very stout and gets moved around a lot. Mostly it appears he uncertain of who to block. Seattle was bringing guys from all directions with stunts all over the place so that's not really a shock. This is only his second game in the NFL if anything it's good Forte got to see this now. Aside from that his ability to make something out of nothing is very good to see.

He seemed pretty good to me. A few plays he gave Rex just enough time to get the ball off and that's all we really need him to do. Someone who's pass blocking really disappointed me was Olsen. He was getting owned. I know he's not supposed to be a great blocker but he was really stinking it up in that department.

The best thing about Forte is that he has no character issues coming out of college at all. I think that is the thing that turned the Bears on about him. He has heart and he committed to giving 110% on every play. He is constantly falling forward and pushing piles with his legs that are always moving. His never say die attitude. The tackle yesterday was a thing of beauty. We can only hope that our Oline can run block. If they can it should open up the passing lanes at least a little bit. This Oline just scares the crap out of me right now.