MANNING WON'T GUARANTEE A START

Wesson44

Manning won't guarantee Week 1 start

Posted: Wednesday August 20, 2008 06:41AM ET

Quarterback Peyton Manning was in the building Tuesday morning as the Indianapolis Colts went through a get-to-know-you practice session at Lucas Oil Stadium. The question that remains unanswered, though, is: Will the NFL's two-time MVP be on the field when the Colts open the regular season Sept. 7 against the Chicago Bears? Colts owner Jim Irsay conceded "it'll be close on Peyton. Only he will know if he's ready. I think there's a good chance he will be. "We know there's more rehab ahead, but he is on schedule. The anticipation is he'll be ready, but it'll be close." Manning's availability and ability to extend his streak of 160 consecutive regular-season starts have been in doubt since he underwent surgery July 14 to remove an infected bursa sac from his left knee. His rehabilitation forced him to miss all of training camp in Terre Haute and likely will keep him off the practice field at least until next week. As for being ready for the Colts' nationally-televised opener against the Bears, Manning offered optimism, not a guarantee.

BELOW IS WHAT SOMEONE THINKS OF THE BEARS!!!!!!

Meteora16 | 08/20/08, 06:26 PM

Report Offensive Comment

If he doesn't play in Week 1 of the regular season, I will have my left bursa sac removed. He may not guarantee that he will start, but I will.

Meteora-Who is your starting QB? And running back? Who are your tackles?

Even if Manning isn't at 100%, the Colts defense will dominate the Bears offense. It could very easily be a shutout if we don't kick it to Hester. The Colts are the superior team at almost every position besides linebacker (which is getting closer). The Colts should beat them easily if Peyton plays and beat them by around 9 if he isn't 100%. As long as we don't overlook them because J-Ville is coming up, we will win this one easily. The Bears couldn't stop Addai and Rhodes in the Super Bowl. They won't be able to stop this team running.

These 2008 Colts are the most talented Colts team in the history of the franchise. If we can win our first 8 games, we will get the number one seed for sure. I don't care about 16-0. I'd rather have it not be a possibility. Too much pressure and it would be annoying that it would be a back story on ESPN when the Patriots were forcibly shoved down our throats last year.

Meteora-Sorgi sucks. Horribly. You've watched Grossman a few too many times if you think Sorgi is capable of anything QB-related. Hopefully he will be cut and Gray will be the backup.

I'm predicting the Colts win this one by 17 but are up by 31 when the 4th quarter starts. We will then send in the scrubs. The Colts are better on NBC. They love the spotlight.