Who deserves the blame?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the options

• Kyle Orton
    • Ron Turner
    • Greg Olsen
    • Lovie Smith

JASON McKIE

That idiot killed one whole possession all by himself then gave them 3 points. But even worse then him is the stupid coaches who kept him in, especially Turner who uses him on the last play of the game. I am overweight, drink too much and dont remember the last time I actually sprinted but I am know I could have done better then McKie on that last play. He threw himself into a pile that was short of the 1st yd marker by 2 yds. Moron. His head was not in the game and the coaches should have recognized that by the 3rd quarter.

I blame them all, each and every one of them. This defense deserves better. They and the special teams have to play a flawless game for us to even have a fighting chance and that is ridiculous. We kept running the same plays that failed over and over. I thought Shoop was dumb, Turner's giving him a run for his money. Orton can't hit the broad side of the barn on the deep ball, and he wasn't much better with the short game.... He is Shane Mathews. I thought to myself on those long balls Rex probably would have completed a few of them. Forte was having success and then we stop feeding him the ball when we are trying to hang onto a lead.

I blame them all, each and every one of them. This defense deserves better. They and the special teams have to play a flawless game for us to even have a fighting chance and that is ridiculous. We kept running the same plays that failed over and over. I thought Shoop was dumb, Turner's giving him a run for his money. Orton can't hit the broad side of the barn on the deep ball, and he wasn't much better with the short game.... He is Shane Mathews. I thought to myself on those long balls Rex probably would have completed a few of them. Forte was having success and then we stop feeding him the ball when we are trying to hang onto a lead.

Agree. Turner reverts to ole self. Can't pad the lead and we let a close one slip away.

Let's take this all the way to the top. You start with blaming Ted Phillips who is running this team now for the McCaskey family. Phillips has some sort of faith in Jerry Angelo and allows Angelo to continue to make some bad decisions and have no repercussions from those bad decisions. Angelo is not all that he is cracked up to be and is a mediocre talent evaluator at best. Lovie Smith for not having the balls to be a real man any longer and finding people who will work with him and provide him things to think about in order to be productive. Ron Turner for seemingly having a good game plan going into Indy who was hurt and failing to continue to execute this week in Carolina. Orton for the fact that he is not reading well after one decent week and help to loose this game. Olsen for not fully protecting the ball when being tackled as well.

The Special Teams and Defense did just about anything and everything within their power to win this game however, the defense being left on the field too long and having a short field to protect is not a good thing against an offense that is decent as well. Plus you have to consider that Moose and Chris Harris were on the opposite sidelines and it was mentioned that it seemed that Carolina was picking up the audibles that Orton was calling. It is a sad day today in Bears football. Next two game are at least at home however, not easy games either with Tampa Bay and Philadelphia coming into town.

If you say Ron Turner deserves the blame you didn't watch the game. Yes, some of his play calls weren't the best, but that is no excuse for Greg Olsen's poor performance today.

Both fumbles cost of points, as well as giving them points. They gave the Panthers strength to continue the game, and had all the momentum in their area.

Greg Olsen was the main reason we lost this game. Yes, Orton did overthrow many receivers this game, but at least he didn't throw up an INTs. Why he's on this list is beyond me...

Everyone but Matt Forte, Brandon Lloyd, and the defense minus McGowan. I'd put most of it on Olsen though. He changed the game completely. It could have been 21-0 at halftime but it is what it is..

17-0.

It was 7-0 at the time of the fumble- a TD there and it's 14-0.

Then we made a FG later and that could have made it 17-0.

I rarely have issue blaming the coaches, but.....

While I too disagree w/ the Mckie run on 4th, as well as a few other plays, I think this one falls more on the players. If Olsen learns to hold onto the ball, how different is the score? If Orton hits a few of those downfield passes to open receivers, how about then? And while the OL was opening some holes for Forte, the pass protection was not all that good.

Reality is, there will never be a game we agree w/ each and every playcall. The final one really hurt, but IMHO, if players executed prior to that, the game would have been far different, and far fewer would have been calling out Turner.

I rarely have issue blaming the coaches, but.....

Reality is, there will never be a game we agree w/ each and every playcall. The final one really hurt, but IMHO, if players executed prior to that, the game would have been far different, and far fewer would have been calling out Turner.

Agreed, if Olsen does not make those two fumbles, we probably win the game. This thread, just as the ones calling for Orton's benching would not appear on the forum (except for the die hard Rex fans who would be calling for Orton's benching no matter what happens).

Agreed, if Olsen does not make those two fumbles, we probably win the game. This thread, just as the ones calling for Orton's benching would not appear on the forum (except for the die hard Rex fans who would be calling for Orton's benching no matter what happens).

Agreed, though I do also feel the blame/fault/problem goes beyond just Olsen.

What Olsen's 2 fumbles does show is how little our margin for error is. We had a pair of turnovers. They had one also, and it was returned for a TD. Yet they were able to over-come their error, as many team do. Olsen's fumbles hurt, w/o question, but a good team can overcome a couple turnovers. Thus, the prolems (IMHO) go beyond just that.

I am a fan of Orton, but he didn't do well. He looked like a good enough QB if the team gives him a lead, but not one who can lead a comeback. He missed on WAY to many open downfield receivers. He also had some questionable playcalling, as the reports indicate some of the questionable playcalls were his making changes at the LOS.

While the OL has done better than expected, I still don't think they are doing well. Their run blocking seems a bit inconsistent, but is not bad. Their pass blocking is not good though IMHO. Orton makes them look a little better due to quick, short strikes, but too often he was getting pressured.

No one is calling out the D, but as good as they look overall, they really struggled to stop the run later in the game, and the missed tackles were a killer.

And penalties really hurt as well.

So what I really take away from this game is our room for error, or lack of.

Agreed, though I do also feel the blame/fault/problem goes beyond just Olsen.

What Olsen's 2 fumbles does show is how little our margin for error is. We had a pair of turnovers. They had one also, and it was returned for a TD. Yet they were able to over-come their error, as many team do. Olsen's fumbles hurt, w/o question, but a good team can overcome a couple turnovers. Thus, the prolems (IMHO) go beyond just that.

I am a fan of Orton, but he didn't do well. He looked like a good enough QB if the team gives him a lead, but not one who can lead a comeback. He missed on WAY to many open downfield receivers. He also had some questionable playcalling, as the reports indicate some of the questionable playcalls were his making changes at the LOS.

While the OL has done better than expected, I still don't think they are doing well. Their run blocking seems a bit inconsistent, but is not bad. Their pass blocking is not good though IMHO. Orton makes them look a little better due to quick, short strikes, but too often he was getting pressured.

No one is calling out the D, but as good as they look overall, they really struggled to stop the run later in the game, and the missed tackles were a killer.

And penalties really hurt as well.

So what I really take away from this game is our room for error, or lack of.

I think it's a fundamental flaw with this defense, They overpursue and they are trying to strip the ball and make something happen instead of just wrapping their man up. Sooner or later they will pay for that. That's exactly what happened yesterday. i think Stewart is a good back but there is no fuckin way he should have shreaded them in the 4th like he did. That was them not him.

Hang the loss on Olsen...hang the inability to win it on Turner and his atrocious playcalling at the end... And Lovie also gets a good chunk of that Turner blame.

I for one am just seeing more of what I feared...

I hope this game is the anomoly and not last week's...

Who deserves the blame?