Benson Cleared of all Charges

GrizzlyBear

Keep in mind, it's only that they didn't want to go forward with prosecution... Doesn't mean he's not guilty.

Regardless, he's still guilty of being a turd.

Well thats saying something for his statement afte r it happened, But he still played like crap and did not deserve to be on the field of play. Just glad his legal crap was dismissed, maybe now he will wake up and smell the coffee.

Keep in mind, it's only that they didn't want to go forward with prosecution... Doesn't mean he's not guilty.

Regardless, he's still guilty of being a turd.

Exactly. It also seems that the more money one has, the more likely that the case won't go to prosecution, and either something is worked out via arbitration or plea-bargaining of some kind, or there is just a behind-the-scenes deal done.

The dude was, and still is a tool...and the Bears should never have drafted him.

Exactly. It also seems that the more money one has, the more likely that the case won't go to prosecution, and either something is worked out via arbitration or plea-bargaining of some kind, or there is just a behind-the-scenes deal done.

The dude was, and still is a tool...and the Bears should never have drafted him.

For the record, from what I read, both cases went to the grand jury, but were no billed. In otherwords, the prosecutors presented their case to a jury, and didn't believe the evidence waranted a trial.

I know what you are talking about w/ rich people hiring expensive attorneys, or plea bargaining, or backroom handshake deals, but that sure doesn't appear to the be case here. I don't think Benson's attorney even is allowed in the room for grand jury testimony.

So while he could still be guilty, this is about as close as it gets to proving actual innocence. Basically, a jury just said the charges were BS, and threw it out.

W/ all that said, I would still argue Benson was guilty of bad decision making, particularly on the 2nd incident.