How about some positive vibes???

Alaskan Grizzly

Wouldn't it be nice???

Bears 1985

I especially like the Payton part in the middle...truly poetry in motion and the part when Covert is planting LT.

The Bears of 2008 could so much be like these guys.

Singletary = Urlacher

Wilson = Briggs

Dent = Ogunleye/A. Brown

McMichael = Dvoracek

Fencik = M. Brown

Frazier = Tillman

Suhey = McKie

Hilgenburg = Kreutz

Butler = Gould

McMahon = Orton (a bit of a stretch??)

Payton = Forte (I know, a REAL stretch and blasphemy..but similar no?)

The others the 2008 team needs; Hampton, Gault, Van Horne, Covert, Marshall, Bortz, Perry, Thayer and especially Ditka.

A swift kick wouldn't hurt either. C'mon guys, let's put the Eagles out this weekend. Play up and keep the lead!!!

Love it! Although it could use a better soundtrack!

I think the '08 comparison is a stretch though...

Dent is miles better than Ogun and Brown

Suhey is miles better than McKie

McMahon is light years better than Orton!

...we'll let the Forte thing slide! ;)

Ditka! ...and Ryan!

Wouldn't it be nice???

Bears 1985

I especially like the Payton part in the middle...truly poetry in motion and the part when Covert is planting LT.

The Bears of 2008 could so much be like these guys.

Singletary = Urlacher

Wilson = Briggs

Dent = Ogunleye/A. Brown

McMichael = Dvoracek

Fencik = M. Brown

Frazier = Tillman

Suhey = McKie

Hilgenburg = Kreutz

Butler = Gould

The others the 2008 team needs; Hampton, Gault, Van Horne, Covert, Marshall, Bortz, Perry, Thayer and especially Ditka.

A swift kick wouldn't hurt either. C'mon guys, let's put the Eagles out this weekend. Play up and keep the lead!!!

Nice thoughts, but seriously?

Singletary = Urlacher

Urlacher is light years past Singletary in pure athleticism, but no where close in terms of smarts.

Wilson = Briggs

Wilson was a playmaking LB, while Briggs is a tackle machine. Wilson was a solid pass rusher, and also picked off a lot of passes. Briggs has never had more than 2 sacks in a season, nor more than 2 picks.

Dent = Ogunleye/A. Brown

If you put Wale and Browns' sack totals together maybe. Sorry, but its not even close.

McMichael = Dvoracek

I think they are similar in mentality, but thus far, that is about it.

Fencik = M. Brown

Similar, but I have seen little from Brown this year to put him close to Fencik.

Frazier = Tillman

Maybe.

Suhey = McKie

Wow. Not remotely close.

Hilgenburg = Kreutz

Kreutz has been declining for years, and IMHO, has not looked very good this year. Hilly was awesome.

Butler = Gould

Okay.

I am an Orton supporter, but this is a huge stretch.

No.

Sorry, but while we have talent on the team, I don't see how this group even compares to the '85 group.

Love it! Although it could use a better soundtrack!

I think the '08 comparison is a stretch though...

Dent is miles better than Ogun and Brown

Suhey is miles better than McKie

McMahon is light years better than Orton!

...we'll let the Forte thing slide! ;)

Ditka! ...and Ryan!

Well I was talking to Tuti Williams , He was offensive tackle for the Cards , Him and Sharpe were the tackles then. He stated to me that Dent was one the worst effort DE in the NFL. He would try to offtem to take plays off. But said that Hampton was a beast. If your asking how I talked to him When I was a Army Recruiter I put his little brother in the Army. He lived with Tuti.

Interesting! What a shame! Dent would have been a terror if he gave more effort it seems. Danimal is an animal!

Well I was talking to Tuti Williams , He was offensive tackle for the Cards , Him and Sharpe were the tackles then. He stated to me that Dent was one the worst effort DE in the NFL. He would try to offtem to take plays off. But said that Hampton was a beast. If your asking how I talked to him When I was a Army Recruiter I put his little brother in the Army. He lived with Tuti.

Don't forget to consider the scheme. I think Buddy Ryan's play design and play calling were simply on another level from what we have now.

Part of it was that he was just a great DC, but part of it was that the NFL had never seen some of the pressure tactics that Ryan employed before.

In 1984, many pass plays had no hot read or protection scheme for handling the blitz. They weren't able to adjust on first downs to multiple blitzers, and we did it all the time. That put the offenses into a hole, and into a passing situation, where again pressure was appropriate.

Only Dan Marino's super fast release was able to balance the 1985 Bears' pressure package.

Today, every pass play has both route and protection options for the QB to call at the line. That is because of the 1985 Bears' scheme.