BEARS WINNAA!!!!

DaBearSox

Finished one out!

nice job BEARS!

Major kudos on that Goal line stand. kept it a 4 pt game and then the offense gets a critical first down to milk the clock. I don't care who you are 17 seconds, no timeouts and ball on your own 39 and needing a TD is pretty darn bad odds. I honestly thought the offenses ineptitude in the second half would be to blame of tonight's loss. A critical drive for a FG late to make it a 4pt game and they finally finished one. The game was not without it's flaws. Orton has to secure the ball when the pressure is getting to him. A few of the sacks were due to him holding the ball way too long. After the interception return by pane gave us 1st and 10 just outside their 10 Orton wastes little time in giving right back on a horrible throw to a double covered Clark who wasn't even looking for the ball. But for Kyle it was a tale of two halves. 3 TD passes in the first half and he looked sharp. Then in the second half the offense looked more like the unit we've grown to hate. Hester again made one of his stupid decisions to try and return a ball that he should have let go into the end zone. But instead on a 60+ yard kick he nets a -8 yard return and we instantly surrender field position.

All in all there was good and bad but I'm glad they found a way to finish. Just think if they had done that the last two weeks we'd be 4-0 and have a strangle hold on our division without yet playing a division foe. We'd be in control of our own destiny. We have a share of first place and for as bad as the past two weeks were to be tied for the lead in the division should give this team some confidence to keep it up. Frankly I 'm puzzled at how bad our division actually is. The Lions.... well, you expect that. The Vikings to me are the biggest surprise. I didn't buy the hype completely but thought they'd be better than they showed. Green Bay loosing to the Bucs well, that's justice LOL.

Lost in all of this- the huge punt by Maynard at the end of the game.

Your right, in all the heavy drinking (kool-aid that is) Maynard's punt at the end of the game has been overlooked somewhat. That was a heck of a punt. If he shanks it or does a "Theisman" (if you are old enough you will know what I mean, lol) then the game might have ended differently.

(That Theisman punt is a very fond memory! God I dislike the guy. Arrogance personified.)

Maynard actually had a great overall game, besides just that one punt.

I believe he had 8 punts total.

1. High punt fair caught at the 20. Not great, but not bad.

2. Dropped another at the 5, returned for 8.

3. Hit a high 40 yarder which Jackson muffed.

4. Nailed a 50 yarder that was downed at the 4.

5. Nailed a 67 yarder that went out of bounds at the 4.

6. W/ his heels at the back of the endzone, hit a 44 yarder. That may not sound great, but IMHO, the punter does a good job just getting rid of it, much less sailing the ball to mid-field.

7. 32 yarder dropped inside the 20, no return.

8. 58 freaking yarder to the opponents 22, taking them out of field position to truly make a comeback attempt.

Your right, in all the heavy drinking (kool-aid that is) Maynard's punt at the end of the game has been overlooked somewhat. That was a heck of a punt. If he shanks it or does a "Theisman" (if you are old enough you will know what I mean, lol) then the game might have ended differently.

(That Theisman punt is a very fond memory! God I dislike the guy. Arrogance personified.)

Also, a guy who's been a goat often particularly the last two games. Vasher makes a huge tackle and keeps the WR from reaching the sidelines and the clock runs out as they can't get to the line to spike it. They'd have only had time for a hail mary anyway even if he had gotten out of bounds but great job to make sure he doesn't and doesn't give them a chance to take a shot at it.

He did. I was bagging on his inconsistency earlier. But, last game, he was spot on for sure.

Maynard actually had a great overall game, besides just that one punt.

I believe he had 8 punts total.

1. High punt fair caught at the 20. Not great, but not bad.

2. Dropped another at the 5, returned for 8.

3. Hit a high 40 yarder which Jackson muffed.

4. Nailed a 50 yarder that was downed at the 4.

5. Nailed a 67 yarder that went out of bounds at the 4.

6. W/ his heels at the back of the endzone, hit a 44 yarder. That may not sound great, but IMHO, the punter does a good job just getting rid of it, much less sailing the ball to mid-field.

7. 32 yarder dropped inside the 20, no return.

8. 58 freaking yarder to the opponents 22, taking them out of field position to truly make a comeback attempt.