Benson signs with Bengals

sprout

from profootballtalk.com

BENSON TO THE BENGALS

Posted by Mike Florio on September 30, 2008, 4:12 p.m.

At a time when the Cincinnati Bengals seemed to be the favorite to land 2005 NFL MVP Shaun Alexander, a native of nearby Florence, Kentucky, the Bengals threw the league a curveball on Tuesday, signing tailback Cedric Benson.

The team has announced via a press release the addition of Benson. He’ll replace DeDe Dorsey, who has been placed on injured reserve.

Benson was the fourth overall pick in the 2005 draft. The Bears dumped him after a lackluster 2007 season as the clear-cut starter — and after two alcohol-related arrests in less than a month. Though a grand jury opted last week not to indict Benson on any of the pending charges, the decision of the Bengals to add a player with a troubled past will only reinforce the team’s standing as a franchise that simply doesn’t care about the perception that more than a few of its players are turds.

Hey, but at least those talented-but-flawed players are helping the Bengals win lots of football games.

So fitting!

from profootballtalk.com

BENSON TO THE BENGALS

Posted by Mike Florio on September 30, 2008, 4:12 p.m.

At a time when the Cincinnati Bengals seemed to be the favorite to land 2005 NFL MVP Shaun Alexander, a native of nearby Florence, Kentucky, the Bengals threw the league a curveball on Tuesday, signing tailback Cedric Benson.

The team has announced via a press release the addition of Benson. He’ll replace DeDe Dorsey, who has been placed on injured reserve.

Benson was the fourth overall pick in the 2005 draft. The Bears dumped him after a lackluster 2007 season as the clear-cut starter — and after two alcohol-related arrests in less than a month. Though a grand jury opted last week not to indict Benson on any of the pending charges, the decision of the Bengals to add a player with a troubled past will only reinforce the team’s standing as a franchise that simply doesn’t care about the perception that more than a few of its players are turds.

Hey, but at least those talented-but-flawed players are helping the Bengals win lots of football games.

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_...=fantasy,111614

Couple notable user posts:

"everyone deserves a 7th chance."

"You will fit in perfectly Benson may you find a new BFF in a team full of convicts. I is all thug love in Cinci!"

"Looks like Mike Brown got Chris Henry a drinking buddy. Now he has to bring back Odel Thurman to comple this devil's triangle. I cancelled my season tickets 5 years ago-best move I ever made."

"I've been rippng on my hardcore bears buddy since they drafted him, about how pathetic he is on the field. and now i'm stuck with his useless a$$ on my squad. great. just great."

^^ this is the best one in my opinion lol.