Well, heres good news

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

Health beat: Starting cornerbacks Charles Tillman (shoulder) and Nate Vasher (wrist) were limited in practice Friday and listed as questionable on the injury report, but both said they expected to play against the Lions.

Booker (knee) was also limited and listed as questionable, while rookie left tackle Chris Williams practiced without restrictions and was listed as questionable. The first-round draft pick has been making steady progress in his rehabilitation from back surgery.

“Chris Williams had another good day and he’s had a good week of practice,” said coach Lovie Smith. “That’s always good to get a player like that back into the mix.”

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=5207

I imagine they can give Peanut super shoulder pads and padding. But somehow I doubt Vasher is going to be a better tackler with a broken hand. Who would take Vasher's place? Apparently Corey Graham backs up Peanut. Trumain McBride?

Like I said, Vasher/Tillman at 85% is better then Graham/McBride at 100%.

Guest TerraTor
I imagine they can give Peanut super shoulder pads and padding. But somehow I doubt Vasher is going to be a better tackler with a broken hand. Who would take Vasher's place? Apparently Corey Graham backs up Peanut. Trumain McBride?

vasher a crack in his thumb or somethin didnt he?

Theoretically, if Williams does come back later in the season to help us, at which position would you play him?

I know the guy is a LT, and if you have him in camp, that's the only place you put him - you let him learn, make his mistakes etc. and become a LT. But if you get him late in the season, making a playoff run, I wonder if that's a good idea. Byt hen, you don't want to have problems protecting the QBs blind side. You don't have reps and games to spend.

But Williams is a talent. I wonder if putting him in at one of the guard positions gives a boost to the running game as we round the bend? Having an OT outside of him might be like giving him training wheels. it would lessen the impact of a breakdown, or rather a schooling in NFL pass rush. You know every new OL has to learn those things under fire, and i would have started Williams at OLT at the beginning of the season if it had been my call, and he was healthy.

But given the situation and timing, would you put him in at OG if we're making a serious run at the playoffs?

That do you think? OLT or bust, or some kind of rookie half year OG experiment?