Trouble brewing

Connorbear

More on Tommie. Let's hope this kid pulls his head out of his arse.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...-bear04.article

Peace :dabears

Don't read to much into this. It's just a situation where a player clearly broke the team rules. Now he has to man up and do what he is paid to do. If Harris is worried about his image then he should take notes on how Forte is handling himself and do the same.....since he says that he is a christian and all. But if he was truely living by the faith as he says, then he wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

Don't read to much into this. It's just a situation where a player clearly broke the team rules. Now he has to man up and do what he is paid to do. If Harris is worried about his image then he should take notes on how Forte is handling himself and do the same.....since he says that he is a christian and all. But if he was truely living by the faith as he says, then he wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

I think the more disappointing part is the apparent pattern of behavior. Plus the fact that he signed a mega deal that puts him with the elite.

I think most of us applauded the deal, but this really puts into question whether you can give one guy such a big deal anymore.

.......since he says that he is a christian and all. But if he was truely living by the faith as he says, then he wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

Are you saying that unmarried christians don't have sex? Really? Since when? I guess I missed that memo.

I think the more disappointing part is the apparent pattern of behavior. Plus the fact that he signed a mega deal that puts him with the elite.

I think most of us applauded the deal, but this really puts into question whether you can give one guy such a big deal anymore.

His deal is actually a cake walk. If he wilters and he walks or we boot him out the deal will only be 10 mil out and 6.5 back at the bears. read the bottom of the article that deal would not hurt us finacialy but will hurt us at the tackle spot.

His deal is actually a cake walk. If he wilters and he walks or we boot him out the deal will only be 10 mil out and 6.5 back at the bears. read the bottom of the article that deal would not hurt us finacialy but will hurt us at the tackle spot.

You are correct, and if we for some reason have to go away from Harris (and I do not think we will have to) I think we drafted his replacement in Harrison and I suspect this kid could be a top 3 technique DT in the league in a year or two.

name='Pixote' date='Oct 5 2008, 06:55 AM' post='49114']

You are correct, and if we for some reason have to go away from Harris (and I do not think we will have to) I think we drafted his replacement in Harrison and I suspect this kid could be a top 3 technique DT in the league in a year or two.

Hopefully, he makes it back to form so we can have the option to keep or trade, this off-season.

Hopefully, he makes it back to form so we can have the option to keep or trade, this off-season.

Interesting idea. If he comes back and is productive, becomes the Pro Bowl caliber DT we know he is capable of being, and Harrison proves to be as good as I believe he can be, we could trade Harris, because of his contract structure, and get good return. I wonder what we could get in return? Any idea what a player of his stature would demand? I know most will say 2 number 1s, but very few teams are willing to give up that kind of deal. Any ideas?

I can't say I'd be opposed at this point...

Interesting idea. If he comes back and is productive, becomes the Pro Bowl caliber DT we know he is capable of being, and Harrison proves to be as good as I believe he can be, we could trade Harris, because of his contract structure, and get good return. I wonder what we could get in return? Any idea what a player of his stature would demand? I know most will say 2 number 1s, but very few teams are willing to give up that kind of deal. Any ideas?

I hear ya. I'd much rather #91 get retired here... But if this is a sign of things to come (or moreso, not to come), then alternate plans need to be made.

I really hope we can stick with plan A.

Actually, I'd prefer he return and play up to his past abilities, I was just asking a what if type of question, but hope it would never get to that point of wanting to trade him.