Does anone remember.....

Guest TerraTor

during preseason? I loved the guy for 4 years but hes just going thru the motions anymore.. its a a shame.....

I am in complete agreement with you. I would replace him next yr with - Peanut. I think we have potential options to replace him at CB (Graham or possibly Bowman).

Peace :dabears

I am in complete agreement with you. I would replace him next yr with - Peanut. I think we have potential options to replace him at CB (Graham or possibly Bowman).

I agree with Brown being washed up, but totally disagree with moving Peanut. Our secondary was torched today without him. Why would we make our #1 CB a safety? I'd much rather move one of the other guys.

I think it was Jiggets who said this week 2 of the season that the Bears are using Mike Brown differently than they have ever used him before in order to keep him healthy, and what I mean by that is, they aren't putting him in the box to stuff the run which is what he's best at. They are using him more in pass coverage so he can stay away from all the clutter up front that's been getting him injured over the course of his career. I think that's smart. I know he could be great again but I wouldn't mess with him, I don't want to see him injured again. Kevin Payne is basically taking what Mike Brown usually does and Brown is switching roles from what he normally does. Thats why you all don't think he's as effective, which he isn't but for good reason. Just thought I'd throw that out there..

I agree with Brown being washed up, but totally disagree with moving Peanut. Our secondary was torched today without him. Why would we make our #1 CB a safety? I'd much rather move one of the other guys.

Vasher looks slow out there but its also hard to judge since he missed significant time last year and the second he finally got enough games this season he went down again. I'd give Brown about 2-3 more games as well as he should improve (and I have seen improvements, still he has been mediocre at best, if not below average out there). However, Tillman is our best corner by far. I could see the Bears moving Vasher a year from now with McBride/Graham both getting promotions. I really am a big fan of those guys. However, neither of them are ready for primetime just yet.

I think it was Jiggets who said this week 2 of the season that the Bears are using Mike Brown differently than they have ever used him before in order to keep him healthy, and what I mean by that is, they aren't putting him in the box to stuff the run which is what he's best at. They are using him more in pass coverage so he can stay away from all the clutter up front that's been getting him injured over the course of his career. I think that's smart. I know he could be great again but I wouldn't mess with him, I don't want to see him injured again. Kevin Payne is basically taking what Mike Brown usually does and Brown is switching roles from what he normally does. Thats why you all don't think he's as effective, which he isn't but for good reason. Just thought I'd throw that out there..

Payne is getting better each week. He is tremendous against the run and becoming less and less of a liability in pass coverage. I think the Bears have finally find a keeper at the safety spot in Payne.

None of this is overreacting, we just are not seeing the spectacular plays from these guys. In Mike Brown's case I just don't see the solid timing on hits as WR catch the ball, or the seemingly psychic reads that put him in the right spot to shut a play down. These days it seems everything he does is after the fact. The angle he took on the AP long distance run today was a joke. You can find a lot of guys in the NFL to play like that.

Vasher looks slow out there but its also hard to judge since he missed significant time last year and the second he finally got enough games this season he went down again. I'd give Brown about 2-3 more games as well as he should improve (and I have seen improvements, still he has been mediocre at best, if not below average out there). However, Tillman is our best corner by far. I could see the Bears moving Vasher a year from now with McBride/Graham both getting promotions. I really am a big fan of those guys. However, neither of them are ready for primetime just yet.

I disagree, Corey Graham is ready to start. He's proven that he can be a force on defense. 8 tackles again today, he's creeping up as the Bears leading tackler this season, I think he may be only behind Briggs and Payne. He is ahead of Urlacher.. His physical play should give him the edge of Vasher because Nate's just a soft puss. I like Tillman because of his ability to force fumbles, he has to play but at this point I feel like Corey Graham should start over Vasher based on his performance the past few games.

during preseason? I loved the guy for 4 years but hes just going thru the motions anymore.. its a a shame.....

After a win you make a stupid thread like this? Unbelievable.

Are you people ever satisfied with anything?

He's finally staying healthy this year. Yet, no one gives him props for working his ass off to comeback?

I mean he barely played the last two years. (yes, i know more)

He may not be the same old Mike Brown. But, i'm glad to still have him here.

The guy busts his ass off and this is the treatment he gets?

Washed up at 30? I've seen it all apparently. :rolleyes:

He's finally staying healthy this year. Yet, no one gives him props for working his ass off to comeback?

I'm glad he is playing and healthy but he is not the same player he used to be. He has had several surgeries in his 9 yrs with the Bears and it appears he may have lost half a step. He's one of my favorite players (wore his jersey to the game today) and I hope he can turn it around.

Most of the issues I'm seeing don't have to do with losing a step. Even veterans start the season off slow sometimes...especially ones who haven't played football consistently for the past 4 years. Give him some time. He makes good plays to go along with the bad ones. He needs to get better, but he's not the only one.

Should I send him a telegram that reads "it's like you suck or something!" to fire him up?

I disagree, Corey Graham is ready to start. He's proven that he can be a force on defense. 8 tackles again today, he's creeping up as the Bears leading tackler this season, I think he may be only behind Briggs and Payne. He is ahead of Urlacher.. His physical play should give him the edge of Vasher because Nate's just a soft puss. I like Tillman because of his ability to force fumbles, he has to play but at this point I feel like Corey Graham should start over Vasher based on his performance the past few games.

tackles are a poor way to judge a CB. Aside from a tackle here and there in run support, a CB getting a tackle means he allowed the WR to make the catch. I would much rather see lower tackle numbers and higher PDs stats, which to me indicates better play for the CB.

Guest TerraTor

You are freakin jackass

Mike Brown is no longer playing downhlll like he used. I don't know if this is because of some loss of physical skills or losing the mentality to play hard and fast. The fact he is not playing well does not mean I don't respect him or his contributions to the Bears over the years. Lovie took this team to the Superbowl (without Mike Brown) and there's no shortage of angst about how Lovie does his job.

K, lets just end this now. Mike Brown isn't washed up.

What did you expect from a guy coming off serious injuries?

I swear some of you expected him to be Gary Fencik Jr right away. :rolleyes:

I think you just contridicted yourself.

Because he's coming off so many injuries, he isn't ever going to be the same, therefore, he's washed up.

Mike Brown isn't the same player he used to be, but you'd have to be naive to expect the same player after all those injuries. So far Mike Brown hasn't been good, but he hasn't been awful. He's been decent, and we need a replacement for the near future.

Mike Brown isn't the same player he used to be, but you'd have to be naive to expect the same player after all those injuries. So far Mike Brown hasn't been good, but he hasn't been awful. He's been decent, and we need a replacement for the near future.

Taylor Mays :wub:

Surprised there hasn't been a Brian Urlacher is washed up thread here. :rolleyes:

There have already been posts about it.