Who'd have thunk it??

flea

it sure is. Not just here in Chicago. Look at Dallas getting owned by freakin' St. Louis, The packers beating up on a Colts team that looked pathetic.

Three weeks in I was way ahead in the margin pool and now I'm 35 pts behind first place. I've picked some real dogs lately in both the regular pool and the margin pool.

Now it's going to be two weeks before there's another Bears game.....

I will say though as banged up as the D is the bye week couldn't have come at a better time.

Absolutley (about the bye week). I know you're never supposed to overlook an opponent, but Detroit even traded away Roy Williams for future picks. They're in total rebuilding mode and their play shows the players are going through the motions (0-6 team, just lost to a 1-4 Houston team). For strategic reasons, I say we should rest Tommie and Tillman yet again. Think how much they could heal with 3 solid weeks off (4 for Tillman), preparing them for a long stretch to the end of the season and postseason. I realize that level of disrespect could fire up Detroit, but that's why Lovie should stretch the truth and say publicly that Tommie and Tillman just aren't ready. ...wouldn't even be an outright lie. Our defense needs all the help they can get right now.

I agree on never wanting to look past a game but the Lions are the official black hole of the NFL. On good thing about Williams going to Dallas.... well actually two things, first we won't have to watch this idiot stretch his arm out signaling a first down wether they are ahead or getting pummeled by 40 points twice a year. Second is that he's left one sinking ship to jump onto another. They already have one Prima Dona WR whining about not getting the ball, now they have two Prima Dona's whining about not getting the ball and they gave up picks and cash which the picks are a waste anyway as Detroit will squander them.

I think it would be a good opportunity to rest them again. Ok to let them practice but let them get completely healed and ready. Besides our young guys could use some more live game reps. We're going to need Tillman, Vasher, Hester, and Lloyd the next week when we play Tenn.

Actually no real need to lie just be honest we are giving them an extra week off to rest and get healthy and get our young guys some more experience. Anyone with half a brain should be able to figure out the reasoning and strategy that if there were a game you could afford to give these guys a week off it would be against the Lions.

My guess though... if they are healthy they'll play.

The defensive struggles I blame on two people within this organization and two people only. Lovie Smith and Bob Babich. The Trib had in an article a short time ago something about fourth quarter leads blown by the defense. At the time of the article being written, the last six games in which the Bears had a fourth quarter lead with Bob Babich as defensive coordinator, the Bears have blown five of those leads and lost the game. Ron Rivera as defensive coordinator, the Bears had roughly twenty-five (25) fourth quarter leads and lost only one (1) game. If that is not complete writing on the wall about how this defense has fallen quite a bit, I do not know what is.

Blowing a lead almost completely to Minnesota who is not that strong, is totally unacceptable. Fortunately because Minnesota is so inept at this point, they defeated themselves. Something must be changed and changed soon. If not, Ted Phillips and Jerry Angelo better decide the fate of Lovie Smith and his staff pretty damn quickly. This team has always been known for its strong defense and right now it is not what it is supposed to be. I will not accept injuries to players as a reason. To me that is an excuse and it is not acceptable. The guys are all being played to play a kids game and anyone should be able to step up and fill in accordingly when a teammate goes down.

chitownman,

I couldn't agree more...

The defensive struggles I blame on two people within this organization and two people only. Lovie Smith and Bob Babich. The Trib had in an article a short time ago something about fourth quarter leads blown by the defense. At the time of the article being written, the last six games in which the Bears had a fourth quarter lead with Bob Babich as defensive coordinator, the Bears have blown five of those leads and lost the game. Ron Rivera as defensive coordinator, the Bears had roughly twenty-five (25) fourth quarter leads and lost only one (1) game. If that is not complete writing on the wall about how this defense has fallen quite a bit, I do not know what is.

Blowing a lead almost completely to Minnesota who is not that strong, is totally unacceptable. Fortunately because Minnesota is so inept at this point, they defeated themselves. Something must be changed and changed soon. If not, Ted Phillips and Jerry Angelo better decide the fate of Lovie Smith and his staff pretty damn quickly. This team has always been known for its strong defense and right now it is not what it is supposed to be. I will not accept injuries to players as a reason. To me that is an excuse and it is not acceptable. The guys are all being played to play a kids game and anyone should be able to step up and fill in accordingly when a teammate goes down.

Glad to hear you won't accept injuries as an excuse. Be sure to let Lovie and the boys know that. ;)

Peace :dabears