Bowman to have surgery

Connorbear

Man that sucks. I was so happy to see him finally get a shot and he did quite good. Then he gets ko'ed in his first game.

Dumb luck. Hope he returns and continues to develop. I liked JA drafting him, was disappointed to see him cut, happy to see him resigned to the practice squad, was curious how he would do when given a chance in week 7, and was excited to see him in action. Now he get's injured.

Did I say this really sucks? Yes, I guess I did.

At this point, there's only 9 games left and Bowman isn't a star, so the coaches have no motivation to hold the guy's spot on the roster, so he'll surely be put on IR. They can't release him since he got injured unless they want to give him an injury settlement.

Can an IR person practice (or at least study/use team workout equipment) with the team? If so, it could end up being a way to keep Bowman affiliated with the Bears and still learning and present. Also keep in mind had Vasher or Tillman been in the game, it would have been one of them instead, if you want to look at the glass half full.

For what it's worth, this kid is promising. Once the coaches let Tillman on the field and once Vasher grows a set and gets out there, we still have great depth with McBride and Graham behind the 2 main guys.

As for Bowman, hopefully he's back at 100% for next year.

How do you know Vasher doesn't want to get out there and play?

Are you with him 24/7? :rolleyes:

I'll just say this- I'm not allowed to give it away without letting everyone know what I do for a living. Vasher could have played this weekend but told Lovie he didn't want to. Now, that's all I'll say.

Do you know why Vash was excused from Soldier Field and can you tell us?

Peace :dabears

I'm not sure. Maybe Lovie didn't like that he didn't want to play?

I do, but you don't have to believe me.

Trib or Sunt Times, reports that Vasher spent Saturday night in the hospital with swelling in the repaired wrist. He got ouot Sunday and was told to rest.

C'mon Brian...you can't throw out the 400 pound elephant in the room (that you have connections with the team), and then not expect to get some questions.

Are you saying Vashy could have played, didn't feel like it, Lovie was pissed, and therefore sent him home? If that's the case, then at least it's refreshing to see a drop of emotion in Smith...

Then go with that. That's actually fine, just so people don't keep bugging me.

Believe them.

C'mon Brian...you can't throw out the 400 pound elephant in the room (that you have connections with the team), and then not expect to get some questions.

Are you saying Vashy could have played, didn't feel like it, Lovie was pissed, and therefore sent him home? If that's the case, then at least it's refreshing to see a drop of emotion in Smith...

I said it was a guess.