My post-week 7 Bears mock

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Barden could really be a steal!

I went to Cal Poly...and have followed him a bit.

1. Taylor Mays, FS, USC

2. Auston English, DE, Oklahoma

3. Kraig Urbik, OG, Wisconsin

3. (C4B)- Ramses Barden, WR, Cal Poly

4. Garrett Reynolds, OT, North Carolina

5. Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston State

It is a small school, before Chris Gocong from Philly, the only football guy was John Madden!

I like him as a possession receiver...bit target in the end zone and for first downs... Let Hester and others burn D's w/ speed.

He's 6'6, 230, and many say he's like Colston from New Orleans.

"They" say his only weakness is that he's from a small school and that his speed isn't top notch.

1. Taylor Mays, FS, USC

2. Auston English, DE, Oklahoma

3. Kraig Urbik, OG, Wisconsin

3. (C4B)- Ramses Barden, WR, Cal Poly

4. Garrett Reynolds, OT, North Carolina

5. Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston State

I would love to get Taylor Mays, I just don't see us drafting high enough to get him, but if there's anyway he falls or we can trade up, I'd be in favor.

As much as we need to get a future dominating DE here, I think we can wait until the middle rounds, and hopefully we can find a gem like Marcus Harrison, Mark Anderson, or Dusty Dvorecek. I wouldn't put it past JA to grab one high b/c he knows you have spend the high draft picks on the DL. But you also have to spend the high draft picks on the OL too.

Urbik in the third would be a steal if we landed him, I think he would be a perfect pick for us in the third round.

If we land Mays, then RD2 I would draft a RT (Ciron Black, Phil Loadholt, X. Fulton), RD3 Urbik, RD4 hopefully a fallin DE. JMO

Mark Anderson needs to learn some new moves. He's 6'4", 255 (at the most), with great speed and a very good burst. However, he only has one move, and that is the speed rush on the outside. Since teams have figured this out, it is very easy to block him. He doesn't have the upper body strength to bull rush anyone besides a high school o-lineman. He needs to get a better feel as to what the Olineman is doing and quite simply, come up with some better moves.

He could be trade bait to some 3-4 team in the offseason.

I would love to get Taylor Mays, I just don't see us drafting high enough to get him, but if there's anyway he falls or we can trade up, I'd be in favor.

As much as we need to get a future dominating DE here, I think we can wait until the middle rounds, and hopefully we can find a gem like Marcus Harrison, Mark Anderson, or Dusty Dvorecek. I wouldn't put it past JA to grab one high b/c he knows you have spend the high draft picks on the DL. But you also have to spend the high draft picks on the OL too.

Urbik in the third would be a steal if we landed him, I think he would be a perfect pick for us in the third round.

If we land Mays, then RD2 I would draft a RT (Ciron Black, Phil Loadholt, X. Fulton), RD3 Urbik, RD4 hopefully a fallin DE. JMO

Taylor Mays might fall due to how he goes for the big hit instead instead of wrapping a guy up for an easy tackle so I think he may fall to us. It is not a very deep S class this year like it is a RB or OT class. However, I don't see us trading up as Angelo would never trade a 3rd to move up 4-7 spots to get a guy.

I think we're pretty set on OL, believe it or not. St Clair has done a good job on great pass rushers (Allen, Freeney, Peppers, I know I'm forgetting others) and Williams is a young player who will hopefully be a good one. I do think an OG in the 2nd or 3rd is necessary, though. I think we'll draft a C in next year's draft in the first 3 rounds as Kreutz is aging.

There is no way Black falls to the middle of the 2nd. He is projected to be a middle-late 1st round guy. I wouldn't mind Fulton though and possibly trying to move him to OG.