Orton Looking at things right

GrizzlyBear

Orton has the attitude for sure. I really think we are witnessing a QB being born right before eyes., this was taken from the Tribs article on holt signing.

Star power: Media attention given quarterback Kyle Orton, most recently over his play and suggestions that the Bears may want to explore a contract extension, has been increasing almost weekly, even daily.

"I see you guys sprinting over there to talk to Kyle Orton," Smith said. "[Tuesday] all three major papers, I saw his big mug on them."

Orton isn't so sure the media attention is warranted just yet.

"I haven't really made any accomplishments," he said. "We're playing pretty good as a unit and as a team."

Orton has the attitude for sure. I really think we are witnessing a QB being born right before eyes., this was taken from the Tribs article on holt signing.

I was also impressed by that. Humble, and is getting the job done!

I'm going to start growing a neckbeard in honor of the Captain. Hey, I'm single I can get away with it.

I've been very impressed with him on the field and off the field. Each week he looks more the leader and I like how he isn't getting full of himself. I think that's part of what caused Rex to be so unstable after the Arizona game. Orton was the starter in 2005 though many of us forget that by the time the Atlanta game at Soldier Field people were tired of the anemic offense and were thrilled to see Rex start the second half and instantly we started moving the ball. From that Moment on Orton has not even had an opportunity to crack the starting lineup and somewhat became a forgotten man. Fast forward to 2008 and we have a competition between the two. Some of us are not sold that it was actually a competition but that's in the past and I do think Orton is proving that he was the better QB of the two. For a lot of us and media it can be easy to thing of 2005 when we think of Kyle but I think he's done well to shake off that "game manager" title almost like some (I'm just being general here) may have had the impression that he wasn't a real quality starter type of QB and but rather a backup waiting to have his training wheels taken off. I didn't think he'd be putting up the numbers he is I bought into the game manager. I imagined words like safe, basic, effective but not impressive. He's so far proven that he is that and much more. His pocket presence alone is leaps and bounds above Rex's. His decision making is very good, he doesn't seem to get flustered or loose control. That was one of the big knocks on Rex if everything went well he was fine but he would get flustered the moment things started going bad. It tells me that he wasn't just planning his next night at the bar while sitting on the sidelines he was very actively involved in what was going on and was studying. I'm glad he got his chance to show that he's not the restricted player that he was in 2005. But that he is capable of leading the offense.

Keep it up Kyle