Great article on our using 2 TE formations

nfoligno

From the Sun Times,

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...-bear23.article

The only question I have is, why it took so long? Did the staff not feel Rex could utilize the 2 TEs as well, or did they not feel Olsen was ready last year. I know we did use 2 TE formations some last year, but nearly always, we ran out of that formation. It wasn't really part of our passing offense until this year.

Now, if only I could convince Turner that Kellen Davis would be better on the field than McKie, we could use 3 TEs (plus 1 WR) and take yet another step :)

Good read. Thanks for the post!

From the Sun Times,

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...-bear23.article

The only question I have is, why it took so long? Did the staff not feel Rex could utilize the 2 TEs as well, or did they not feel Olsen was ready last year. I know we did use 2 TE formations some last year, but nearly always, we ran out of that formation. It wasn't really part of our passing offense until this year.

Now, if only I could convince Turner that Kellen Davis would be better on the field than McKie, we could use 3 TEs (plus 1 WR) and take yet another step :)

I totally agree with the 3 TE set except it isn't Davis replacing McKie. We use Dez and Davis at the traditional TE spots on the line next to the OTs and keep Olsen working the H-back role he already knows. I put Hester out wide to keep the safeties guessing what's going on. Or go really heavy on one side with Dez/Davis next to each other.

I'd much rather see this than the Wildcat formation, especially given the quality of run blocking from our Oline.