Dan Buenning

Grouchy Bear

Where is Dan Buenning ? Is he rehabbing ? What's the story on him and why isn't he playing ? He was known for a mauler in the running game. I know he played left guard and some center. At 26 he is still young and coming off an knee injury a year ago he should be just about ready. On the official bear site he is listed at both guard spots.

Garza is not a 1st stringer anymore, a good back up yes. Both Kruetz and Garza are getting no push but are getting knocked backwards and are shitty at open field blocking ( to slow on screens or reaching the second level). Please, Am I the only one who sees this ? Let me know.

Where is Dan Buenning ? Is he rehabbing ? What's the story on him and why isn't he playing ? He was known for a mauler in the running game. I know he played left guard and some center. At 26 he is still young and coming off an knee injury a year ago he should be just about ready. On the official bear site he is listed at both guard spots.

Garza is not a 1st stringer anymore, a good back up yes. Both Kruetz and Garza are getting no push but are getting knocked backwards and are shitty at open field blocking ( to slow on screens or reaching the second level). Please, Am I the only one who sees this ? Let me know.

I've been wondering also, but I think it has to do with Lovie not wanting to break up the chemistry the Oline has had. If he were to do it, this would be the best time to do so. I would also look at inserting Chris Williams. I think playing Detroit at home next week should allow us to test those postions to see how they play. It may be a boost, or if it doesn't work out, will those players demoted be able to suck it up and not hold it against the coaching staff if they think its best for the team to go back to them as starters?

It's a toss up between Tait and Garza for our worst lineman. Either way, they both suck right now. Kreutz isn't the same player he used to be, but he is leaps and bounds better this year than he was last year.

Kreutz may have 1 yr left in him. Garza has to go. I would like to see St Clair and Tait fight it out for RT next yr.

Peace :dabears

I think we need to do something to get our running game going. Pass protection has been good largely due to Orton's pocket presence. If Williams truly is ready to play I'd put him at LT and move St Clair back inside. However, considering how well St Clair has played there's no reason to risk further injury to Wiliams so if he's not 100% ready leave him on the bench. St Clair would likely replace Beekman at LG where he'd be working next to and helping Williams. IMO Beekman has been better than Garza but I like the idea of keeping St Clair's experience next to Williams. I'm not opposed to letting Buenning take a shot at replacing Garza but we really have no idea how he's playing right now.

I think the lineup of Williams, Buenning, Kruetz, Beekman, St Clair would be better in the long run for Kruetz. Having Buenning next to him would a definate up grade on the right side. With Beekman playing like he has the interior would be a lot more double teaming on DT's then right now. I say draft the top Center there is and call it even. No sense signing another FA for that postion. Kreutz with line up may extend his prescense another 2 to 3 years and then the newby can take over after that. A guy Like Alex mack from cal Or J lugis from Arkansas would be ideal for our line with little down side. Both have excellant feet and hand punches and both can be road graders.