Sounds like Roach will start

Connorbear

I've never been high on Hilly... I eagerly awat waht Roach can bring to the table!

Come on Madlith! What's not to like about Hilly? He is a smart, hard worker and has gotten the job done. I like him. But, I also want to see what Roach can do and maybe it will be an improvement.

I like his prep and effort, but I just don't think he's got the physical tools and speed. I like him personally...but I'd rather have a bonafide stud in there!

Come on Madlith! What's not to like about Hilly? He is a smart, hard worker and has gotten the job done. I like him. But, I also want to see what Roach can do and maybe it will be an improvement.

If he seems like more of a 3rd down liability it's because he's being used on 3rd downs this year due to injuries. In the past unless it was 3rd and short he came out of the game when we put the nickel package in (w/ RMJ). I suppose you can blame Hunter because he isn't that great in pass coverage but he's usually pretty astute with his assignments. If there is no pass rush and he has to cover a guy for more than 3 seconds then yes, we have a problem. Is it his fault the team is forced to use him in situations he's not suited for? Is it his fault there's no pass rush? Not IMO. Our run defense has been solid this year and he's a part of that. I don't think he's a great LB and it does appear he's not making some of the big plays he used to make in the past. I can say that about all 3 of our LBs so perhaps he's not as good because other players aren't drawing the same amount of attention they used to get.

If what you say is correct, the staff should realize that the injuries make Hunter a liability in such situations and therefore should get a faster man in his spot.

I don't blame Hunter for being slow... I blame the coaches for putting him in when speed is needed.

If he seems like more of a 3rd down liability it's because he's being used on 3rd downs this year due to injuries. In the past unless it was 3rd and short he came out of the game when we put the nickel package in (w/ RMJ). I suppose you can blame Hunter because he isn't that great in pass coverage but he's usually pretty astute with his assignments. If there is no pass rush and he has to cover a guy for more than 3 seconds then yes, we have a problem. Is it his fault the team is forced to use him in situations he's not suited for? Is it his fault there's no pass rush? Not IMO. Our run defense has been solid this year and he's a part of that. I don't think he's a great LB and it does appear he's not making some of the big plays he used to make in the past. I can say that about all 3 of our LBs so perhaps he's not as good because other players aren't drawing the same amount of attention they used to get.