Orton Update (Possibly rumor?)

Bears4Ever_34

This is from a guy on the Bears board. Said he heard it on Sirius Radio.

According to the Red Zone show on Sirius Radio they said that Orton had a Stressed Nerve in his ankle and that the Bears decided to pull him so he wasn't able to aggravate the ankle even more. Treatment for this kind of injury is basically hot pack, cold pack, and some minor stretching.

Chris Mortenson just reported "High Ankle Sprain" MRI and possibly Cat Scan set for tomorrow, Grossman to start for sure against Titans. Since Mortenson reported it, its pretty much set in stone. So not the best news for Bears fans, but it could be worse, he could be out for the season. Its unfortunate that it comes at a tough stretch here for the Bears in these next 4 games. I'll be happy with a 2-2 run before Kyle returns. With him not under center, we'll probably lose for sure versus Tennessee. The only way we win that game is, Forte runs for 120+ and Grossman protects the ball.

So it sounds like he may be ready next Sunday or maybe a week or two, which is definitely better than what I had thought! Rashied Davis said Kyles spirits were high after the game and was joking around so thats another good sign!

That is good to hear. I felt horrible for him when he was carted off. He looked so dejected and understandably so. Finally get your shot, and find success only to have something like that happen. It was similar to the way Rex looked when he had is second major injury. He tried to walk on it and then went down again and was visibly in tremendous pain. I'm hoping it is a minor thing and that he will be back soon. He has really taken over the offense it's truly his team and he has earned the respect of coaches, teammates, fans, and others around the league. Get well Kyle, we need ya.