Vent...Breathe...Relax

madlithuanian

OK, I think I need to vent for a moment after watching yesterday's roller-coaster ride...

Before Orton got hurt, the O was moving as usual, and the D was sputtering as usual (this and last season). I was livid watching the D! I could not believe how awful they were playing. How, the same routes that killed us in our other games were killing us again. How we kept plying off receivers so much that you could park a semi between our D backs and their WR's... All this had me just beyond annoyed.

Then Kye got hurt. I could not begin to tell you how the air got let loose from my tires... I really saw the whole thing flushed down the toilet. I was certain the injury was season ending and that we were saddled with the uneven prospect of Rex taking over again.

Well, thankfully Rex didn't make the big mistake. Thankfully, Forte ran like a man. Thankfully, R. Davis's second effort kicked butt. And thankfully the defense woke up. Granted, the Lions kind of s*^t the bed with some bad throws and drops to help the cause... But the D did look much better in the 2nd half. Virtually something we're never seen from Babich's group.

Well, today we get some decent news that Orton is not out for the season. But he'll be out a while. And Rex is back under center. So, in the words of TO, grab your popcorn, because I don't have any idea what to expect. I bet it'll be what we've seen and then some. We'll get some good Rex, some bad Rex, and some mystery Rex. I just hope for the best and that the wonderful year Matt Forte is having keeps getting better and that this was a wake-up call for a hibernating defense.

The future...we have quite the schedule in front of us...

Ten, at GB, at STL and at Minny.

Logic seems to say, we should easily win STL. But w/ Minny and GB as away games, I think we probably lose those. The key is TEN. Can Rex pull off one good game and steal a game from an undefeated team? It's a game we should not win. However, isn't TEN due a loss...on the road?

I still think we go 1-3...but my heart is telling me 2-2. Who knows...maybe we even get good Rex for 4 games!

In the meantime, I'm popping my corn, getting the brew in the fridge, and going to try to enjoy the mystery that will unfold.

Go Bears! :dabears

OK, I think I need to vent for a moment after watching yesterday's roller-coaster ride...

Before Orton got hurt, the O was moving as usual, and the D was sputtering as usual (this and last season). I was livid watching the D! I could not believe how awful they were playing. How, the same routes that killed us in our other games were killing us again. How we kept plying off receivers so much that you could park a semi between our D backs and their WR's... All this had me just beyond annoyed.

Then Kye got hurt. I could not begin to tell you how the air got let loose from my tires... I really saw the whole thing flushed down the toilet. I was certain the injury was season ending and that we were saddled with the uneven prospect of Rex taking over again.

Well, thankfully Rex didn't make the big mistake. Thankfully, Forte ran like a man. Thankfully, R. Davis's second effort kicked butt. And thankfully the defense woke up. Granted, the Lions kind of s*^t the bed with some bad throws and drops to help the cause... But the D did look much better in the 2nd half. Virtually something we're never seen from Babich's group.

Well, today we get some decent news that Orton is not out for the season. But he'll be out a while. And Rex is back under center. So, in the words of TO, grab your popcorn, because I don't have any idea what to expect. I bet it'll be what we've seen and then some. We'll get some good Rex, some bad Rex, and some mystery Rex. I just hope for the best and that the wonderful year Matt Forte is having keeps getting better and that this was a wake-up call for a hibernating defense.

The future...we have quite the schedule in front of us...

Ten, at GB, at STL and at Minny.

Logic seems to say, we should easily win STL. But w/ Minny and GB as away games, I think we probably lose those. The key is TEN. Can Rex pull off one good game and steal a game from an undefeated team? It's a game we should not win. However, isn't TEN due a loss...on the road?

I still think we go 1-3...but my heart is telling me 2-2. Who knows...maybe we even get good Rex for 4 games!

In the meantime, I'm popping my corn, getting the brew in the fridge, and going to try to enjoy the mystery that will unfold.

Go Bears! :dabears

Mad I feel tha same way Bro. I can only Hope Good Rex with 125 QB rating shows up. And the D plays like 2006. I think Ill get out and buy a Voodoo doll and stick pins in it when Rex starts looking like the QB rating of 6. Maybe it will rid him of the demons he shares with all us Bears fans.

You know what is really scary? We hear that Kyle will be out 4+ weeks. No one knows for sure. High ankle sprains are tricky. Rex has had some injury problems in the past, fortunately not recently. However, we are one fluke injury away from having Caleb Hanie as our starting QB with no backup unless we go out and sign a free agent.

I hear ya...but I'm trying to temper that with stuff I've read (from non-reliable sources) that he was jogging lightly today and could 5 step drop, but with pain... I figure the truth lies somewhere in between!

Early in the season, I'd have been OK with that! Now, I may be thinking vet might ber better! But, nothing ventured, nothing gained!

You know what is really scary? We hear that Kyle will be out 4+ weeks. No one knows for sure. High ankle sprains are tricky. Rex has had some injury problems in the past, fortunately not recently. However, we are one fluke injury away from having Caleb Hanie as our starting QB with no backup unless we go out and sign a free agent.

Rex is going to have a great game next week because he will be looking to prove guys wrong that sat him on the becnh...what what I tell you. He will be on a mission....like running out of the pocket, stepping up in the pocket and getting rid of the ball if they blitz. He is going to have a two TD day with 230 yrds.

Don't even think it Pix. Tell ya what, here's some real Kool Aide: Rex wins two out of the nest three (taking into cnsideration that we do put a D team on the field in those games). Kyle gets healthy and comes back and leads us to the playoffs. O even Rex does not come out and he too leads us to the post season games.

Rex is going to have a great game next week because he will be looking to prove guys wrong that sat him on the becnh...what what I tell you. He will be on a mission....like running out of the pocket, stepping up in the pocket and getting rid of the ball if they blitz. He is going to have a two TD day with 230 yrds.

i really hope you are right but i wouldn't count on it.

the titans have a real defense that can not only get to the qb but plays the pass well. they will be sending the dogs and unless our o-line has a pro-bowl day look for a lot of pressure and/or sacks.

this is the worst case nightmare scenario for any qb coming into his first game of the year.

man do i wish fisher was the HC in chicago.

Agreed 1000%. Guppy is the man!!!!

Peace :dabears

to me fisher is the real deal and in my opinion the best head coach in the entire nfl. the guy can coach teams with and without talent, not to mention he can actually coach players to be better than they are. after the superbowl they were in cap hell and had to dump all their money players yet fisher got the absolute most out of the talent he had. he also seems to be able to bring in talented coordinators and coaching personnel that just plain get the job done.

sighhhhh..... at the time we were looking around for a HC and ended up with jauron, i believe, i was hoping there would have been a way we could have offered fisher the moon to leave the titans. i think that is the same year they re-upped his contract.

to me fisher is the real deal and in my opinion the best head coach in the entire nfl. the guy can coach teams with and without talent, not to mention he can actually coach players to be better than they are. after the superbowl they were in cap hell and had to dump all their money players yet fisher got the absolute most out of the talent he had. he also seems to be able to bring in talented coordinators and coaching personnel that just plain get the job done.

sighhhhh..... at the time we were looking around for a HC and ended up with jauron, i believe, i was hoping there would have been a way we could have offered fisher the moon to leave the titans. i think that is the same year they re-upped his contract.

Yep. Fischer has been with the Titans for a long time, and probably will go out on his terms. He would have been solid here. If's and but's. . . .