So do we have a chance

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

Without our passing game, and against a stout running defense, do we have a shot and ending the 8-0 streak. This is gonna be a grind it out running game. Which really sucks now that Orton is out. We pass all over the Titans and force them to have the great Kerry Collins beat us, really sucks

Anyway, did anyone else's stomach turn when you saw grossman with a helmet on....

Without our passing game, and against a stout running defense, do we have a shot and ending the 8-0 streak. This is gonna be a grind it out running game. Which really sucks now that Orton is out. We pass all over the Titans and force them to have the great Kerry Collins beat us, really sucks

Anyway, did anyone else's stomach turn when you saw grossman with a helmet on....

I am not ready to say "without our passing game". We might see "Good" Rex and kick ass!

I think our defense will shine on Sunday. Were good at stopping the run and thats all they can do. They have relatively no passing game so if we shut them down offensively and keep it close I think it plays to our advantage. They have an aggressive defense as well so we might be able to hit them with a big strike. My main concern is their defensive line getting into Grossmans throwing lanes. Were going to need to keep them honest with the run and have lots of check down plays with dump offs to the outside to the tight ends and running backs and let the defense over pursue. I like our chances in this game, especially because its at home. Grossman was off on his deep balls but hopefully with a whole week of practice he can get into some kind of rhythm with the WRs and TEs.

I think we do. I wouldn't bet on it, but we have a chance. Here's why...

1. Bears O v Titans D. THey should nullify Forte a bit, but we should have some success having him come out of the backfield. They'll pressure the hell out of Rex...but if Rex can get a few early passes off deep, then we could dink n dunk and be OK.

2. Bears D v Titans O. They are a running team, and we seem to be able to stop the run pretty well. Collins hasn't been asked of much, and he will on Sunday. If we are out of hibernation, we could get in his grill.

3. ST - Does hester awaken?

If all those 3 things happen, we could steal this game...or more so, even earn it.

But, the opposite could happen.

Yea, my stomach did turn...in fact I almost wept like a 3 year old school girl...thankfully, looking at Forte on the sidelines was I able to pull myself together!

I think our defense will shine on Sunday. Were good at stopping the run and thats all they can do. They have relatively no passing game so if we shut them down offensively and keep it close I think it plays to our advantage. They have an aggressive defense as well so we might be able to hit them with a big strike. My main concern is their defensive line getting into Grossmans throwing lanes. Were going to need to keep them honest with the run and have lots of check down plays with dump offs to the outside to the tight ends and running backs and let the defense over pursue. I like our chances in this game, especially because its at home. Grossman was off on his deep balls but hopefully with a whole week of practice he can get into some kind of rhythm with the WRs and TEs.

Agreed 100%. Given a whole week of practice, hopefully Rex can get his timing down with the receivers.

No matter how bad I want Kyle to play this week to give us a better chance to win, this is a good week to sit. Maybe, he can be back by next week for the Pack game which looms large. So, let's see some good Rex and kick there arse.

Peace :dabears

Agreed 100%. Given a whole week of practice, hopefully Rex can get his timing down with the receivers.

No matter how bad I want Kyle to play this week to give us a better chance to win, this is a good week to sit. Maybe, he can be back by next week for the Pack game which looms large. So, let's see some good Rex and kick there arse.

Peace :dabears

Listening to the Score today it was brought up that Rex has had some of his best games against the Packers. Maybe Kyle returns the week after the Packers game, LOL.

Rex played well in St. Louis in 2006 against a team that was significantly better then this year's Rams.

Rex has played well after being on the becch for awhile, like last year when Gresie got hurt and the year before when he was hurt and came back. The main thing for him to do is get his timing down. I think that we will have Llyod back this week as well. We need a speedster at wide out...like Hester. Maybe the paasses this week deep will go to him so we can hit the big one deep. Our TE will be open and they are the favorite target of Rex alond with Davis.

Like it was said before...the Titians don't do much in the air because they try to use the running game with white and Johnson but we will shut that down. It should be a good game

Like it was said before...the Titians don't do much in the air because they try to use the running game with white and Johnson but we will shut that down. It should be a good game

I hope the Bears paid attention to the game between IND & TEN. IND did a good job against the Run on defense but was picked on underneath in the cover 2 scheme. TEN won the game with the pass not the run on offense and of course a great defense.

We run quite similar defense in CHI. We can not let TEN pick up 3rd downs time and time again with the "dink" pass like they did against IND.

I hope the Bears paid attention to the game between IND & TEN. IND did a good job against the Run on defense but was picked on underneath in the cover 2 scheme. TEN won the game with the pass not the run on offense and of course a great defense.

We run quite similar defense in CHI. We can not let TEN pick up 3rd downs time and time again with the "dink" pass like they did against IND.

Yes, we have a chance. And yes, our D's MO this season is allowing teams to pick up third downs, especially third and long. It is so frustrating to watch.