Our future...

Ed Hochuli 3:16

At work today, I couldn't help but to sit back and think about the Bears future. Here's the way I see it.

While our defense is aging, we do have some young, starting, good players:

Briggs is 27.

A. Brown is 29.

Dvoracek is 25.

Harris is 25.

Idonije is 27.

Vasher is 26.

Tillman is 27.

Payne is 24.

Harrison is 24.

Graham is 23.

Our defensive back-ups have looked good for what they've done, too.

Roach is 23.

Steltz is 22.

J. Williams is 24.

McBride is 23.

LaRocque is 22.

Bowman is 23.

Also, Urlacher, Briggs, Wale, Adams, and Urlacher still have some productive years left, too, IMO.

The offense also has many young, starting, guys.

Davis is 29.

Forte is 22.

Hester is 26.

Lloyd is 27.

Olsen is 23.

Orton is 25.

Williams is 23.

Beekman is 25.

Also, I think guys like Tait, St. Clair, Kreutz, Booker, and Clark still have some quality years left, as well.

I like what our future holds. Garza is 29, Tait is 33, St. Clair is 31, and Kreutz is 31 so we definitley need young guys there for the future, but Beekman (like I said already) is 25, and hopefully Williams is a good player. Drafting another OT and an OG (hopefully with our 1st round pick) will help us do so. We have quality young guys on the DL (hopefully we draft a DE with one of our first 3 picks) like Harrison, Harris, and Idonije, we have a good looking QB (when healthy), a stud RB who's only 22, and a group of quality WR's.

I'd love to see a fairytale ending to Urlacher's career, like in 2012 (I think that's when his deal is up) we win the Super Bowl and he can walk out on a high note.

Thoughts?

Good post.

I tend to agree. I think the key element boils down to if we have a bonafide QB in Orton. If we do, we can definitley build on that.

And I think we do. I went into this year thinking it would be a quasi re-build. Kind of a "see what we have" year. Well, what we have is pretty decent. I think we can definitely build on it for years to come.

At work today, I couldn't help but to sit back and think about the Bears future. Here's the way I see it.

While our defense is aging, we do have some young, starting, good players:

Briggs is 27.

A. Brown is 29.

Dvoracek is 25.

Harris is 25.

Idonije is 27.

Vasher is 26.

Tillman is 27.

Payne is 24.

Harrison is 24.

Graham is 23.

Our defensive back-ups have looked good for what they've done, too.

Roach is 23.

Steltz is 22.

J. Williams is 24.

McBride is 23.

LaRocque is 22.

Bowman is 23.

Also, Urlacher, Briggs, Wale, Adams, and Urlacher still have some productive years left, too, IMO.

The offense also has many young, starting, guys.

Davis is 29.

Forte is 22.

Hester is 26.

Lloyd is 27.

Olsen is 23.

Orton is 25.

Williams is 23.

Beekman is 25.

Also, I think guys like Tait, St. Clair, Kreutz, Booker, and Clark still have some quality years left, as well.

I like what our future holds. Garza is 29, Tait is 33, St. Clair is 31, and Kreutz is 31 so we definitley need young guys there for the future, but Beekman (like I said already) is 25, and hopefully Williams is a good player. Drafting another OT and an OG (hopefully with our 1st round pick) will help us do so. We have quality young guys on the DL (hopefully we draft a DE with one of our first 3 picks) like Harrison, Harris, and Idonije, we have a good looking QB (when healthy), a stud RB who's only 22, and a group of quality WR's.

I'd love to see a fairytale ending to Urlacher's career, like in 2012 (I think that's when his deal is up) we win the Super Bowl and he can walk out on a high note.

Thoughts?

I see the D in great shape moving forward except for two positions, DE needs a pass rusher and safety. I know we also need to replace Urlacher but we have a couple drafts to accomplish that.

If Orton is for real then we need to focus on Oline and add one WR, a bigger possesion type to compliment our smaller quicker guys.

I see the D in great shape moving forward except for two positions, DE needs a pass rusher and safety. I know we also need to replace Urlacher but we have a couple drafts to accomplish that.

If Orton is for real then we need to focus on Oline and add one WR, a bigger possesion type to compliment our smaller quicker guys.

First bolded point- IMO, we must go DE in the 2nd round. Greg Middleton from Indiana is my guy. Larry English out of NIU is a very good, 3rd round player, too. If we go DE in 3rd, then Patrick Chung (safety) out of Oregon comes to mind. Very nice player.

2nd bolded point- (again) IMO, we need to go OG in the 1st round. Duke Robinson (Oklahoma, mid 1st round pick) or Herman Johnson (my boy out of LSU, late 1st to early 2nd round pick) would both work.

3rd- TJ Houshmandzadeh ( :wub:) is a FA after the year and he'll demand about 7-9 million a year. I would love to sign him to a 4 year deal worth that. He's in his early 30's so 4 years sounds about right.

First bolded point- IMO, we must go DE in the 2nd round. Greg Middleton from Indiana is my guy. Larry English out of NIU is a very good, 3rd round player, too. If we go DE in 3rd, then Patrick Chung (safety) out of Oregon comes to mind. Very nice player.

2nd bolded point- (again) IMO, we need to go OG in the 1st round. Duke Robinson (Oklahoma, mid 1st round pick) or Herman Johnson (my boy out of LSU, late 1st to early 2nd round pick) would both work.

3rd- TJ Houshmandzadeh ( :wub:) is a FA after the year and he'll demand about 7-9 million a year. I would love to sign him to a 4 year deal worth that. He's in his early 30's so 4 years sounds about right.

I like this post! I'm not sure if there are many contracts expiring after this season (Mike Brown, Rex Grossman). Otherwise we are in decent shape. As for drafting, I would go w/ either DE or Oline RD1. If Robinson is off the board, I think it'll be too early to draft H. Johnson, so DE may be a better option or possibly S.

I do not want to see the Bears draft a WR early b/c they take too long to develop and there are going to be some big names available. I personally would like to see the Bears bring in Anquan Boldin, but my second choice is TJ Housh.

We also need to add a bonafide FB. To bad the Bears did not nab Peyton Hillis!

I was watching LSU earlier today and Quinn Johnson, their FB who is a senior, looked good. Nasty guy, too.

Stanley Havili, from my USC Trojans, is probably the most versatile FB in the nation, but we don't need one of those- we need a nasty, "down and dirty", blocking FB.

We should sign Leonard Weaver, he's a FA after the season and very expandable for the Seahawks (they have Owen Schmitt as well as T.J. Duckett). Leonard Weaver can do all the things McKie does, but better. He is a much better downhill/short yardage runner, is a great receiver, and he can lay you out when blocking as well.