Orton questionable?

ostrogoth

Bears QB Kyle Orton spoke with the media on Wednesday, and made two things very clear — he feels fortunate his right ankle injury wasn’t more severe, and he’s not ruling himself out against the undefeated Titans on Sunday. Orton said he will not practice today as he continues rehab. Beyond that, he considers the injury day to day.

However you read into it...it's good!

Bears QB Kyle Orton spoke with the media on Wednesday, and made two things very clear — he feels fortunate his right ankle injury wasn’t more severe, and he’s not ruling himself out against the undefeated Titans on Sunday. Orton said he will not practice today as he continues rehab. Beyond that, he considers the injury day to day.

Awesome news.

On the other hand, let's be realistic. After all, nothing like sitting around all week to prepare you for the toughest game of the year right? Especially if you consider it's a non-division game and Orton would be playing with pain and decreased mobility. Maybe if he started studying for Green Bay right now he'd be put to better use (assuming he could even make it back for that one).

Awesome news.

On the other hand, let's be realistic. After all, nothing like sitting around all week to prepare you for the toughest game of the year right? Especially if you consider it's a non-division game and Orton would be playing with pain and decreased mobility. Maybe if he started studying for Green Bay right now he'd be put to better use (assuming he could even make it back for that one).

I think Orton saying he may play gives the Titans a little more homework to study on. They'll have to prepare there schemes to either A.) blitz the hell out of Rex or B.) Figure out what Kyle's kryptonite is. Hopefully that's all this is b/c I think having a healthy Kyle against division rival is much more important like slection7 says. Orton's a tough dude though and has played with pain before, so maybe he's not bluffing.

I think Orton saying he may play gives the Titans a little more homework to study on. They'll have to prepare there schemes to either A.) blitz the hell out of Rex or B.) Figure out what Kyle's kryptonite is.

That's a good point about the subterfuge. But also, if Kyle does have a kryptonite (as defenses finally figured out Rex's in 2006), we certainly don't need the excellent Titans defense to point it out for the rest of the league.

If everything I have read is true and the reports are correct, this is nothing more than an ankle sprain. I personally feel Orton should be ready to play on Sunday, and that sprains are something that players always play over.

I don't see why you want him to play. In the big scheme of things, this game means nothing compared to the rest of the season in which we still have Green Bay twice and Minnesota 1 more time. I'd rather he sat out and played next week, rather then he played this week, got his ankle crushed by Albert Haynesworth, and we missed the playoffs.

I know I'm going to sound like Lovie on this, but... We have to play the player that gives us the best chance of winning. I'll take Orton if he says he can play. The next part is what Lovie probably would not do. If I'm Lovie, I tell Orton he's getting a quick hook at the 1st sign that the injury is affecting his play or judgement. Rex did barely enough for us to win the game Sunday, but he looked like the same Rex as last year. (plodding, deliberate, locked into a receiver) Rex just has no Moxie.

Guest TerraTor
I know I'm going to sound like Lovie on this, but... We have to play the player that gives us the best chance of winning. I'll take Orton if he says he can play. The next part is what Lovie probably would not do. If I'm Lovie, I tell Orton he's getting a quick hook at the 1st sign that the injury is affecting his play or judgement. Rex did barely enough for us to win the game Sunday, but he looked like the same Rex as last year. (plodding, deliberate, locked into a receiver) Rex just has no Moxie.

game means nothing? This is an 8-0 team and is coming into your house. U wanna get embarresed because its not a division game? I imagine the detroit game mean nothing either since they were terrible and we had to sqeak out a comeback win at home. If he cant play, than obviously he sits, but im with the post above, if orton starts and shows any slow signs of injury, than yank him and let grossman throw a few balls off his backfoot then attempt to make and tackle then run off the field as if nothing happened.

game means nothing? This is an 8-0 team and is coming into your house. U wanna get embarresed because its not a division game? I imagine the detroit game mean nothing either since they were terrible and we had to sqeak out a comeback win at home. If he cant play, than obviously he sits, but im with the post above, if orton starts and shows any slow signs of injury, than yank him and let grossman throw a few balls off his backfoot then attempt to make and tackle then run off the field as if nothing happened.

I understand they're 8-0. Yet, Detroit was a divisional opponent. The Titans are in the AFC. Would you rather win Sunday, then get miss the playoffs, or lose Sunday, and have a better chance at getting in the playoffs? You make the call.

I don't see why you want him to play. In the big scheme of things, this game means nothing compared to the rest of the season in which we still have Green Bay twice and Minnesota 1 more time. I'd rather he sat out and played next week, rather then he played this week, got his ankle crushed by Albert Haynesworth, and we missed the playoffs.

Every game means something, especially when we are in a tight race with the Packers and Vikings for the division lead. Maybe if we didn't blow the games vs. the Panthers, Bucs, and Falcons, we could stomach one game. However, we lost those games, and IMO, every game from here on out is a must win.

Every game means something, especially when we are in a tight race with the Packers and Vikings for the division lead. Maybe if we didn't blow the games vs. the Panthers, Bucs, and Falcons, we could stomach one game. However, we lost those games, and IMO, every game from here on out is a must win.

You mean you are leaving Detroit out of the mix for the NFCN title? Remember, they are starting 'Pepper this week at QB! Look out! :rolleyes: