Orton practicing today

Connorbear

The way that ankle was taped up today doesn't make me feel that confident he'll be ready. Perhaps that's just the team being very cautious but if it has to be taped like that on Sunday I don't see him playing.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...22.photogallery

Nah, dont' sweat it. A few years back I had a severe high ankle sprain had to do crutches and everything. Doctors said in some cases it's better to break your ankle than to sprain it. However, after two weeks I was walking on it pain free. The reason the doctors say it's better to break it is because of the recovery time. With a sprain it's very easy to roll your ankle all over again and screw it up. I felt like my ankle wasn't 100% for 3 months, but that's just the strength in not rolling it again pain wise I was fine after 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. Which is why analysts like clayton say he'd be out for about 4 weeks. Like I said I was walking pain free after 2 weeks, but stepping on the smallest stone was plenty for me to roll it and resprain my ankle. It looks as if this is orton's case as well. That is why his ankle is taped up so much. After seeing that pic I have to wonder if it's possible for him to sprain it again. That looks like 2-3 rolls of tape. He'll play, but the one thing I'd be really worried about is him respraining it and how much the heavy tape job affects his mobility. I don't think he'll resprain it with a tape job like that on it.