This coaching staff...

BearSox

I think it's clear that he has to go. To me, it seems almost as if he has lost the locker room, and that he's been way too soft on the players. Not only were our players getting tossed around like rag dolls today, they showed no emotion and no heart. I place that directly on the HC. It's obvious he hasn't been doing a good job and the D was more successful under Ron Rivera. Change is needed and I'm all for it.

While I would fire Lovie and the whole coaching staff, I would keep Angelo for at least 2 more years. As for who I would hire as a replacement for Lovie, it would likely be Cowher (if he wanted to return to the NFL). I like Spagnola, but it looks like he has plans to be the DC for the Giants for at least a few more years.

I think getting someone like Cowher in as HC would be greatly beneficial to the team. I think someone like him would be able to take control of the locker room and light a fire under the players asses. He's someone who won't take ****, unlike Lovie, IMO. The only problem with this would be the transition from a 4-3 team to a 3-4 team, but any transition like that would take place between a couple of years. I'd also love to see us get Lane Kiffen as the OC as well... talk about a hell of a coaching staff with Cowher and Kiffen.

If we don't make the playoffs this year and pick in the top 15, I want Lovie gone.

Also, if we were to do some 3-4 sets, I'd assume it'd look something like:

DE: Idonije (This position is probably the best fit for Idonije)

NT: Dvoracek/Draftee (Not the best fit, but best fit we have)

DE: Harris (He'd likely be traded to a team like the Bucs when the transition to 3-4 is complete, Harrison could also be a good option as a 3-4 DE)

OLB: Anderson (He might be actually good in this role)

ILB: Urlacher (With the way his play is declining, a move to a 3-4 D can be very beneficial)

ILB: Briggs (He's a beast, could play in any D)

OLB: Ogunleye/Draftee (Ogunleye is probably too old/slow to make the transition to 3-4 OLB)