Harris contract info

Connorbear

So it looks like the 20 million guarenteed includes:

- 6.5 million SB

- 3.5 million roster bonus (next spring)

- 8 million for making the pro bowl 4 yrs in a row

So, am I right in saying we only lose 6.5 million plus this yrs salary if we cut him before his roster bonus? If so, I would definately consider it.

Peace :dabears

Don't you think there's trade value? Something?

So it looks like the 20 million guarenteed includes:

- 6.5 million SB

- 3.5 million roster bonus (next spring)

- 8 million for making the pro bowl 4 yrs in a row

So, am I right in saying we only lose 6.5 million plus this yrs salary if we cut him before his roster bonus? If so, I would definately consider it.

Peace :dabears

I'd think there is the possibility of him having some trade value, but its hard to trade players due to the cap implications. I'm kind of curious what would be necessary if the Bears traded Harris (ie, how would it effect our cap and what type of cap space would the other team need?).

I would personally have no problem moving him for additional picks because I'm confident in Harrison/Dusty/Idonijie and I believe Angelo could find another DT to slide in there as well via the draft. The main focus on this years draft should be a continuation of improving the offensive line and getting a guy who can be an impact pass rusher. Ogunleye should be out or relegated to 3rd string if they can find a legit DE to go opposite Alex Brown (who is just a very good all around DE, just not a special one in terms of pass rush).