OT - steelers vs bolts

Lucky Luciano

does anybody that watched that game doubt for a minute that las vegas made the call?

as time expired on a kickoff return the bolts were lateraling the ball and polamalu tipped one backward lateral and ran it in for a td. the results made no difference in the outcome of the game and only effected the actual score and gambling spread.

it was so plain, so obvious (even the field ref called it a td) that the only conclusion in my mind is that gambling/vegas influenced or paid off the review judge. never in my entire life have i see a play reviewed by booth or otherwise after time expired which would not influence the final outcome of the game and certainly reverse a call that was without question correct.

this brings into account yet again the nfl's credibility and honesty in regards to illegal gambling influence in the premier american sport.

you should not only write your displeasure to roger GODell but to your reps in washington to guarantee the sport stays clean.

POSSIBLE email:

rgoodell@nfl.aol.com

OR

Roger.Goodell2@nfl.net

SAMPLE - here is what i emailed to our fearless commissioner:

Dear Commissioner Goodell,

Could you please send me a copy of the games that are fixed by gambling interests this week?

After watching the Steelers/Chargers game last week I would like to know what games this week are influenced by gambling interests so I too can enjoy betting on NFL football.

Thanks,

It's hard not to fall into the conspiracy theorist mode on this...

But I think the ref was just an idiot plain and simple.

But, I am glad I didn't have any money on it! Although it impacted a few pick'ems I was in...

As much as I love your letter to him, I think it's a better path to ask if they can:

1. Get better refs

2. Get better training for their refs

3. Utilize current technology for replay

does anybody that watched that game doubt for a minute that las vegas made the call?

as time expired on a kickoff return the bolts were lateraling the ball and polamalu tipped one backward lateral and ran it in for a td. the results made no difference in the outcome of the game and only effected the actual score and gambling spread.

it was so plain, so obvious (even the field ref called it a td) that the only conclusion in my mind is that gambling/vegas influenced or paid off the review judge. never in my entire life have i see a play reviewed by booth or otherwise after time expired which would not influence the final outcome of the game and certainly reverse a call that was without question correct.

this brings into account yet again the nfl's credibility and honesty in regards to illegal gambling influence in the premier american sport.

you should not only write your displeasure to roger GODell but to your reps in washington to guarantee the sport stays clean.

POSSIBLE email:

rgoodell@nfl.aol.com

OR

Roger.Goodell2@nfl.net

SAMPLE - here is what i emailed to our fearless commissioner:

Dear Commissioner Goodell,

Could you please send me a copy of the games that are fixed by gambling interests this week?

After watching the Steelers/Chargers game last week I would like to know what games this week are influenced by gambling interests so I too can enjoy betting on NFL football.

Thanks,

Sorry guys...this is no conspiracy theory, and the refs got it completely right.

Look at the first lateral. Look where the ball is released and where it is received. To me - and I watched three different videos about 20 times - it's a forward lateral. You have to ignore the player's momentum, and look at where the ball is released and caught.

As such, it's a penalty on the offense on the last play of the game in regulation. When that happens, the play is nullified.

NFL Rule in question

Releases the ball at the 25 (8 second mark), and the other player CLEARLY catches the ball in advance of that line.

The refs got this one right. If you want to talk about the Pitt./Sea. SB on the other hand, then you may have a point.

I just thought it was a botched call is all...

Thanks for clarifying!

Sorry guys...this is no conspiracy theory, and the refs got it completely right.

Look at the first lateral. Look where the ball is released and where it is received. To me - and I watched three different videos about 20 times - it's a forward lateral. You have to ignore the player's momentum, and look at where the ball is released and caught.

As such, it's a penalty on the offense on the last play of the game in regulation. When that happens, the play is nullified.

NFL Rule in question

Releases the ball at the 25 (8 second mark), and the other player CLEARLY catches the ball in advance of that line.

The refs got this one right. If you want to talk about the Pitt./Sea. SB on the other hand, then you may have a point.

hmmmmmmmmmmm ..... they did? read on.

“Though the officials later said they made a mistake in calling back the touchdown, the official score remains 11-10, and even if the NFL changes it, Nevada sports books paid off on the final score from Sunday." - http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3707245

"The referees later said that they made a mistake, and that the touchdown should have counted. Here is the play for those of you who missed it." - http://steelerstoday.com/?p=1271

"Since most bettors put their money on the Steelers to win, sports bookies ended up saving about $32 million that they would have had to pay out if Polamalu's touchdown was allowed.

--An estimated 100 million dollars was wagered worldwide on the Pittsburgh/San Diego game, according to RJ Bell of Pregame.com. Approximately 66% of that money was on the Steelers; with only 34% on the Chargers.

-------------------------------------

The Controversy: Steelers' TD

by Dan Clasgens 17/11/2008 11:12:00

from NowPublic.com

"If the touchdown was properly upheld, Steelers bettors would have won about 32 million dollars instead of losing big. This admittedly incorrect call resulted in a 64 million dollar swing in favor of the bookies," said RJ Bell of Pregame.com. - http://www.getsportsinfo.com/post/2008/11/...teelers-TD.aspx

Pete McEntegart

"The officials, of course, overturned the score -- incorrectly, it turns out -- so the game finished in an 11-10 Steelers victory. That also meant that Pittsburgh failed to cover the point spread, which caused an estimated $64 million to change hands in Las Vegas." - http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/the_10_spot/posts/24381

------------------------------------

So, that makes me wonder...

Are they admitting that they screwed up the forward lateral?

Are they admitting that they screwed up the administration of the scoring play?

To be honest, I don't see how they can say they screwed up when the rule reads so clearly. As it reads, it seems like they applied the rule correctly.

Got me baffled.

hmmmmmmmmmmm ..... they did? read on.

“Though the officials later said they made a mistake in calling back the touchdown, the official score remains 11-10, and even if the NFL changes it, Nevada sports books paid off on the final score from Sunday." - http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3707245

"The referees later said that they made a mistake, and that the touchdown should have counted. Here is the play for those of you who missed it." - http://steelerstoday.com/?p=1271

"Since most bettors put their money on the Steelers to win, sports bookies ended up saving about $32 million that they would have had to pay out if Polamalu's touchdown was allowed.

--An estimated 100 million dollars was wagered worldwide on the Pittsburgh/San Diego game, according to RJ Bell of Pregame.com. Approximately 66% of that money was on the Steelers; with only 34% on the Chargers.

The Controversy: Steelers' TD

by Dan Clasgens 17/11/2008 11:12:00

from NowPublic.com

"If the touchdown was properly upheld, Steelers bettors would have won about 32 million dollars instead of losing big. This admittedly incorrect call resulted in a 64 million dollar swing in favor of the bookies," said RJ Bell of Pregame.com. - http://www.getsportsinfo.com/post/2008/11/...teelers-TD.aspx

Pete McEntegart

"The officials, of course, overturned the score -- incorrectly, it turns out -- so the game finished in an 11-10 Steelers victory. That also meant that Pittsburgh failed to cover the point spread, which caused an estimated $64 million to change hands in Las Vegas." - http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/the_10_spot/posts/24381

------------------------------------