They must be kidding

Connorbear

Did you not see the play? The guy didn't hit Hester, he put his arms up in self defense when a guy came crashing into him on the sideline. That was a bad call by the refs, and he never deserved to have been fined for that.

What type of question is that?

I'll watch the play again later but it certainly looked like he hit him intentionally.

BTW - Toub sounded fairly pissed.

Peace :dabears

To add my 2 deflated cents...

The truth lies in the middle.

I do not think the player "hit" Hester. However, instead of either helping the fall, or bear hugging him, he put his arms up, in a not-so-defensive stance, and took Hester off his feet.

I'm an old metal-head. I've been in my fair share of pits in my lifetime. When a lunatic comes at you, you do exactly what that player did and agressively give the guy a little shove, with a baisc intention of just protecting yourself.

In this case, a guy wieging about 1/3 of his size just needed a little bear hug, and it I think it deserved a fine.

Perception is a lot, and you need to send a message that even perceived violence from someone on the sideline will not be tolerated.

What type of question is that?

I'll watch the play again later but it certainly looked like he hit him intentionally.

BTW - Toub sounded fairly pissed.

To add my 2 deflated cents...

The truth lies in the middle.

I do not think the player "hit" Hester. However, instead of either helping the fall, or bear hugging him, he put his arms up, in a not-so-defensive stance, and took Hester off his feet.

I'm an old metal-head. I've been in my fair share of pits in my lifetime. When a lunatic comes at you, you do exactly what that player did and agressively give the guy a little shove, with a baisc intention of just protecting yourself.

In this case, a guy wieging about 1/3 of his size just needed a little bear hug, and it I think it deserved a fine.

Perception is a lot, and you need to send a message that even perceived violence from someone on the sideline will not be tolerated.

Watched it again and your right, it is somewhere in the middle. Hester is about half his size. He could have simply grabbed him. I don't think he was intending to hurt him. It looked alot worse the first time I saw it.

Watched it again and your right, it is somewhere in the middle. Hester is about half his size. He could have simply grabbed him. I don't think he was intending to hurt him. It looked alot worse the first time I saw it.

The thing it should have done is draw some god dam emotional response from the team, but nope. This team has no fight in them.