everything looks fine....except Kyle Orton and the passing game

artbest

HOPEFULLY, Orton will be healthier and better able to plant come next week against the Vikings - the true/actual "make or break" game on the Bears schedule. The Rams are a mess, yet Orton and the Bear passing game has been getting worse as the game has worn on - not unlike the Packer game. Orton can't plant and has been inaccurate on many downfield throws.

Additionally, the receivers, look pretty pedestrian.

This is fine against the Rams, but the Vikings will score repeatedly next week, the only shot the Bears have is a pre-injury type performance from Orton.

Though all that really matters is overall performance, I agree that conistancy is still important, especially after years of seeing up and down QB play, I want don't want to see up and down anymore. However, realize it's a little tough to evaluate stuff like that when the game is a total blowout.

Orton is still hurt, which is why he's so inaccurate downfield. He can't effectively plant his right foot, especially as the game wears on.

The Bears are going to need him to be at his best in Minnesota - perhaps at his career best - to have a shot at beating the Vikings, who figure to score almost every time they have the ball. They won't self destruct the way the Rams did today.

Though all that really matters is overall performance, I agree that conistancy is still important, especially after years of seeing up and down QB play, I want don't want to see up and down anymore. However, realize it's a little tough to evaluate stuff like that when the game is a total blowout.

Orton is still hurt, which is why he's so inaccurate downfield. He can't effectively plant his right foot, especially as the game wears on.

The Bears are going to need him to be at his best in Minnesota - perhaps at his career best - to have a shot at beating the Vikings, who figure to score almost every time they have the ball. They won't self destruct the way the Rams did today.

Maybe the coaches wanted to give Orton the PT so he would not be out of sync when we play the Queens, but why not rest him the last quarter' Get Rex some PT, handing off to Wolfe? Get Williams some work in a game? It seems like every week there are more questions about the coaching staffs direction.

but why not rest him the last quarter' Get Rex some PT, ...

I wonder that too.

As an aside, did anyone catch exactly what Orton's streak is on no picks (not rhetorical, I actually don't know)? After years of turnovers at the QB positon (no one would get more aggravated at the "what was he thinking?" picks than me, lol) we've got a guy setting records for controlling the ball! Let's not be those fans who can only see the glass as one-third empty. We should be celebrating every week that after the torture that was the past 10 years we finally have a QB, and barring injury, he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

But I think the D's fall from grace (before this week) has tempered our enthusiasm for some of our O improvements, which is understandable. If it keeps media spotlight off Orton, that's at least a positive side effect.

Agreed. Why not? Rex is gone next season. Give the kid garbage time.

I don't think coming in mid-season off the bench to play bad against an excellent Titans defense is a fair evaluation. Too bad for Rex you're right because Rex has worn out benefit of the doubt. Most Qb's that arent' drafted high don't ever get any to begin with, so that's life in the NFL.

HOPEFULLY, Orton will be healthier and better able to plant come next week against the Vikings - the true/actual "make or break" game on the Bears schedule. The Rams are a mess, yet Orton and the Bear passing game has been getting worse as the game has worn on - not unlike the Packer game. Orton can't plant and has been inaccurate on many downfield throws.

This is fine against the Rams, but the Vikings will score repeatedly next week, the only shot the Bears have is a pre-injury type performance from Orton.

Orton looked very good in the first half and in the second half he looked a lot like Grossman. He was throwing off his back foot, but the Bears were also running a very vanilla offense trying to run out the clock. That pass to Hester early in the game for 28 yards or so was beautiful. Also, you could definately see Orton is still bothered by that ankle. The good news is it keeps getting better and he hasn't re-injured it yet. As that ankle gets better, so will his accuracy as he'll have much improved footwork.

He also has the worse WR corps in the NFL to work with.

I don't quite think the Vikings are going to score on every drive, but who knows. I think the Bears match up well against the Vikings. Its Green Bay that we match up horribly against.

One only needs to look back at the last time the two teams faced each other - the Vikings scored 41 legit points and actually beat up the Bear defense every bit as soundly as the Packers did. The Bears didn't stop the Vikings until they threw a pick to end the game. The only reason why the Bears "won" the game was the Vikings gave them two special teams scores.

The Bear defense, as it turned out, didn't match up at all with the Vikings. The Bears will load up the box to try to contain Peterson and thus give Frerrotte wide open spaces to complete easy passes.

Orton HAS to have a monster game. Forte won't be a huge factor running the ball next Sunday.

I don't quite think the Vikings are going to score on every drive, but who knows. I think the Bears match up well against the Vikings. Its Green Bay that we match up horribly against.

One only needs to look back at the last time the two teams faced each other - the Vikings scored 41 legit points and actually beat up the Bear defense every bit as soundly as the Packers did. The Bears didn't stop the Vikings until they threw a pick to end the game. The only reason why the Bears "won" the game was the Vikings gave them two special teams scores.

The Bear defense, as it turned out, didn't match up at all with the Vikings. The Bears will load up the box to try to contain Peterson and thus give Frerrotte wide open spaces to complete easy passes.

Orton HAS to have a monster game. Forte won't be a huge factor running the ball next Sunday.

Granted they did score a lot, but the Bears did force 4 interceptions on top of getting two defensive special teams scores.

Art,

Orton will have to be very close to 100% and play at a high level for the BEARS to defeat the vikes.

I'm hoping the 3 viking players (use of illegal substance) get suspended before Sundays game. that will also help ! :headbang

I sure hope so - because they'll need it. Again, the Bears didn't win the last game as much as the Vikings lost it - those special teams TD's were absolute gifts from the Vikings.

Since his injury, Orton hasn't been able to throw the ball downfield...he's going to have to against Minnesota. They will stymie Forte.

Can they win? Sure...will they be expected to? No - today proved only that the Rams have quit on the season.

We'll see what the Bears truly are next week. The next game may ultimately tell the tale of the 2008 Chicago Bears.

Art,

Orton will have to be very close to 100% and play at a high level for the BEARS to defeat the vikes.

I'm hoping the 3 viking players (use of illegal substance) get suspended before Sundays game. that will also help ! :headbang

Hopefully Goodell gets to suspending K. and P. Williams for Sunday. That would be HUGE.

I wonder that too.

As an aside, did anyone catch exactly what Orton's streak is on no picks (not rhetorical, I actually don't know)? After years of turnovers at the QB positon (no one would get more aggravated at the "what was he thinking?" picks than me, lol) we've got a guy setting records for controlling the ball! Let's not be those fans who can only see the glass as one-third empty. We should be celebrating every week that after the torture that was the past 10 years we finally have a QB, and barring injury, he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

But I think the D's fall from grace (before this week) has tempered our enthusiasm for some of our O improvements, which is understandable. If it keeps media spotlight off Orton, that's at least a positive side effect.

Most consecutive passes on the road in franchise history with no INT's.

I sure hope so - because they'll need it. Again, the Bears didn't win the last game as much as the Vikings lost it - those special teams TD's were absolute gifts from the Vikings.

Since his injury, Orton hasn't been able to throw the ball downfield...he's going to have to against Minnesota. They will stymie Forte.

Can they win? Sure...will they be expected to? No - today proved only that the Rams have quit on the season.

We'll see what the Bears truly are next week. The next game may ultimately tell the tale of the 2008 Chicago Bears.

The Bears didn't win that game as much as Minnesota lost it?????? Jesus Art, we were up by 17 in the 4th qtr. WE damn near gave it away. Minnesota didn't lose it.

I wonder that too.

TYhink it was 156

TYhink it was 156

Kyle Orton set a franchise record by throwing 185 consecutive passes without an interception, helping the Bears (6-5) rebound from a 37-3 blowout loss at Green Bay last week and keep a share of first place in the balanced NFC North.

That's from yahoo's recap of the game, it's not worth reading but i'll just post the link to be on the safe side.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20081123014