What is the latest on the Williams DTs?

Pixote

I did some snooping around to see if the NFL is going to get off the ass and suspend the two DTs for Minny and found nothing other than they went to talk to the commish and a ruling was to be made. I guess the DE was cleared, only received a fine and will not be suspended for the late hits.

Does anyone know if they when this is suppose to be decided?

They were talking during the game that Deuce M might be suspended before this coming week 13 games. This leads me to believe there is still hope we will face Minny without the Williams duo, which would certainly make life easier for us.

I did some snooping around to see if the NFL is going to get off the ass and suspend the two DTs for Minny and found nothing other than they went to talk to the commish and a ruling was to be made. I guess the DE was cleared, only received a fine and will not be suspended for the late hits.

They were talking during the game that Deuce M might be suspended before this coming week 13 games. This leads me to believe there is still hope we will face Minny without the Williams duo, which would certainly make life easier for us.

The way I understand it, from the last suspension, that if the week before a game has begun, then the suspended player plays that game and THEN completes the suspension. So they will be available this Sunday.

Honesty....it's pretty weak to want players to sit out against your team....

MN is obviously not the best team in the league and if we can't beat them with their full staff then why should we feel any better about our team if we beat some injured riddled team?

the NFL is about deserving to be in the playoffs, not squeaking through and going one and done....

Yes, they can and will play. As was mentioned, if a player is not suspended until that weeks practice begins, the suspension does not go into affect until the following week.

The rule makes sense. If not for the rule, a team would be at a major disadvantage if they practice all week, and then lose players just before the game. The problem to me is how long these proceedings drag out.

They met with the commish last week and he can possibly rule this week.

So if he suspends them before Sunday they can play Sunday night ?

The commish is wise ???

As was mentioned, regardless if they are suspended, as practices for the game have begun, the suspensions would not go into effect until the following week.

W/ that said, there were reports that came out that may put into question whether there will even be any suspensions. If I recall correct, there was info that the diet substance all these players took with held the ingredient that was on the banned substance list. Further, it was reported that the league was aware of the substance being in the diet pills, but did nothing to inform players for fear it would be used as a ready excuse. But in doing so, the league set itself up for a very logical argument from the players to fight any suspension.

Honesty....it's pretty weak to want players to sit out against your team....

MN is obviously not the best team in the league and if we can't beat them with their full staff then why should we feel any better about our team if we beat some injured riddled team?

the NFL is about deserving to be in the playoffs, not squeaking through and going one and done....

I like the cut of your jib! If we can't beat the Queens then what shot do we have in a playoff? Bring on who ever can play and have at it.

The NFL is about letting guys like Pacman have a 3rd and 4th and 5th chance too !

I don't know if that's a good thing......