Urlacher's son in Cinderella diapers and painted toenails?

Bears4Ever_34

Urlacher's son in Cinderella diapers, painted toenails?

MOTHER UPSET | Tells court she'll allow visits if dad stops 'confusing' boy

November 26, 2008

BY JOE HOSEY Joliet Herald News

Football tough guy Brian Urlacher dresses his son in pink Cinderella diapers and paints the 3-year-old's toenails blue, the child's mother charged in Will County court Tuesday.

The mother, Tyna Robertson, threatened to block Urlacher from seeing the boy if the beefy linebacker keeps it up.

Urlacher's attorney, Anita Ventrelli, filed a motion trying to stop Robertson from keeping 3-year-old Kennedy away from Urlacher.

Robertson, in court for a hearing on the motion, said she would allow the visitation, as long as Urlacher puts away the Bears-blue nail polish and puts their son in gender appropriate pull-up diapers.

After the hearing, Robertson claimed her son has become confused by the toenail panting and wearing pull-ups designed for little girls.

"He pulls down his pants and says, 'Mommy, look how pretty they are,' " she said.

Robertson also said Kennedy told her, "Big boys paint their nails," and said he refused to take a bath for two days to keep the blue polish on his nails from washing off.

"He'd say, 'Mommy, I don't want to get my nails wet. I don't want to mess them up,'" she said. "It took two hours to get him in the bath."

Robertson said her pleas to Urlacher to get him to cease the toenail painting and Cinderella diapering went unheeded.

"He says he can do whatever he wants," Robertson said. "[urlacher said], 'It doesn't make him feminine. It doesn't make him ***.'

She said, "You're confusing him, if he's a boy or a girl."

Asked to comment on the toenail and diaper claims, Ventrelli shot back, "Typical Tyna, talking to the press, as in virtually every other instance." He declined further comment.

Robertson's lawyer, Alice Wilson, backed Robertson's allegations that Kennedy was being dressed in Cinderella diapers and getting his toenails painted, but stopped short of blaming Urlacher.

Robertson showed no such reluctance. "It's Brian and Brian's girlfriend," she said. "It's happened on five consecutive visits."

At the hearing, Wilson petitioned to have the case moved to Cook County. She argued that since Urlacher lives in Lake County and Robertson recently moved from Bolingbrook to Burr Ridge (which sits in Cook and DuPage counties), there is no point in keeping the case in Will County.

The case, for now, is staying in Will.

All I have to say is WOW!

So what if it's true? As weird as it is to do that, it's weirder to present that to a court as evidence that the father is psychologically damaging the kid. Is that what all females are, psychologically damaged? Because their diapers were too pink?

To truly cause this kid gender confusion, Urlacher would have to be doing about 99 other things of a similar nature (dresses, tea parties with My Little Ponies, calling him Miss Precious Kennedy, etc.). As a comment mentioned on the newspaper's website pointed out, Urlacher also has a little girl, so that's probably why he (allegedly) has pink pullups at the house.

Unfortunately that is the world of sports. Nothing is private.. I just hope this isn't true cuz this stuff is nasty!

Haven't you gotten the memo? Because Urlacher has become a media (and commercial hawking) star, the media has carte blanche on reporting the kind of gossip that hurts him and makes us worse persons for reading it.

She is liar and it has been proven in court during the first battles he went through. She is a nut. And I lay ya 2 to 1 odds its Urls new GF doing the nails. If he has his daughter there and she does the daughters , how much ya wanna bet the kid says "me Too!!!" So the GF does his to shut him up. Sounds like the Mom has Homophobia to me.

Urlacher lashes out at 'unreasonable' mother of his son

Urlacher fires back at mom of his son, tells his side of private matter

David Haugh | On the Bears 12:09 AM CST, November 27, 2008

God punished Brian Urlacher for being a bad father by giving him a bad back.

Nine NFL seasons of taking on fullbacks and offensive linemen didn't do it. The big pulling guard in the sky did.

Sound a little outlandish? Consider the source.

Tyna Robertson espoused it to Urlacher in a text message during a recent rant to the father of their son, 3-year-old Kennedy. The same Tyna Robertson who was ordered last year by a judge to pay dancer Michael Flatley $11 million for bringing a false rape charge

Stuff like that just shows how … unreasonable she is," Urlacher said Wednesday in an exclusive interview with the Tribune.

Robertson's role during the most important practice week in this Bears season resurfaced again after she felt compelled to go public with a private matter involving Urlacher's parenting skills.

Robertson complained in a report published Wednesday in the Sun-Times that Urlacher was creating gender confusion in the boy because he allowed his toenails to be painted navy blue and put pink Cinderella pull-up diapers on him.

There is a price of being famous for NFL players such as Urlacher.

But this seemed more like price-gouging.

(Full disclosure: When my 8-year-old son was 3, he announced his favorite color was pink. That has changed only 437 times since, by the way. Around the same time, he cracked himself up sneaking into my wife's makeup bag and putting blush all over his cheeks. Guess that makes me partial to parents who take such typical behavior in preschoolers for what it's worth: nothing. Unless, of course, the situation involves a person who seeks publicity and a news agency eager to provide it. It takes two.)

This "news" doesn't suggest Urlacher is a bad dad. It proves he is a famous dad.

Urlacher disputed neither allegation Robertson made in an out-of-court interview with a reporter. Chuckling, he admitted 3-year-old daughter Riley (six weeks older than Kennedy) and 8-year-old Pamela painted their half-brother's toenails during visits last summer. Twice.

As for the pink pull-up, Urlacher explained that Kennedy had run out, so he grabbed one of Riley's in a diaper bag to compensate. Once.

That was the basis Robertson used this week in Will County Court to ask a judge to prevent Urlacher from seeing his son until the Bears middle linebacker promises to alter the "effeminate antics."

"She says to me, 'If he turns out to be ***, it's your fault,' " Urlacher said. "I told her, 'I don't care if he's ***. I'll love him either way.' "

Efforts to reach attorney Alice Wilson, representing Robertson, were unsuccessful. The parents were back in court because Urlacher filed an emergency motion after he claimed Robertson had missed 12 visits since Aug. 28.

A court order last January allows Urlacher to have his son from 2 p.m. Monday until 8 p.m. Tuesday each week.

The article, originally reported by the Joliet Herald-News, part of the Sun-Times News Group, was accompanied by a photo of the boy's painted toenails and was the second-most-viewed story on the Sun-Times' Web site as of Wednesday night. Mission accomplished.

"I'm tired of every little thing that she thinks is wrong, she goes to the newspaper," Urlacher said. "This is a huge reason for why I act the way I do toward the media. The media can decipher what's BS and what's not. In my mind, there should be some good judgment in what they're writing. … Where is the line?"

It's a fair question.

Urlacher accepts that he made a poor decision by fathering a child out of wedlock and realizes the prurient interest in his life off the field comes with being the franchise's most popular player since the '85 Bears.

But this isn't a case of Urlacher inviting tabloid-like scrutiny, as he did in 2003, when he invited Paris Hilton to a "Monday Night Football" game at Soldier Field. This wasn't criticizing Urlacher for wanting a new contract months after having back surgery; that was fair game.

This was Urlacher receiving a cheap shot in a custody dispute, the legal equivalent of spearing.

"I understand anything said about me as a player, [but] this isn't anybody's business. It's a personal issue, I feel," Urlacher said, grimacing. "She made it public, which is why I'm speaking out now. I'm tired of her telling people everything she thinks I do bad for my son, so I'm just trying to get [out] my side of the story."

You wonder why Urlacher uses clichés in postgame interviews like he is endorsing them.

You wonder why he has more pent-up aggression for the media than for the Vikings, the NFC North co-leader that should be his only focus this week.

Wednesday reminded us all maybe you really shouldn't wonder.