We need this Game

Wesson44

But, let's take a look at how Sunday night's game will affect the NFC North standings. Now, if Chicago wins, the Vikings are in BIG trouble, as not only would Chicago have a one-game lead over the Purple, but they also will have swept the season series from the Vikings as well, meaning any tie between the two teams would go to Chicago. That would be a huge advantage for Da Bears, and would put a significant dent into any hopes that the Vikings would have of winning the NFC North. And, since this division sure as heck isn't getting any wild card teams, that would mean the Vikings would be sitting at home this January.

However, assuming a Green Bay loss to Carolina. . .and I think that's a pretty safe assumption to make at the moment. . .a Bears' win on Sunday night would leave us with the following:

Overall W-L Division W-L Conference W-L Remaining Games

Chicago 7-5 4-1 6-4 Jac, NO, GB, @ Hou

Minnesota 6-6 2-3 4-5 @ Det, @ Ari, Atl, NYG

Green Bay 5-7 3-1 4-6 Hou, @ Jac, @ Chi, Det

If the Bears can pull off a victory this Sunday night against Minnesota, it would put them at 7-5 (with a 4-1 division record) and give them some serious momentum going into a three-game home stretch and one road game to end the season.

It's Vikings week, people. . .it's for first place in the division, and it's for the chance to take one step closer to getting the Bears' the NFC North title. A victory on Sunday night needs to happen for this team.

Winning this game would make us the huge favorites to win the divison. Green Bay would still have another game against us, which could result in a two game swing for them if they beat us, but Minny would almost be out of it. 2 games down (tie breaker) with only 4 games left would require the Bears to go 1-3 and the Vikes to go 3-1 for them to win the division.

Guest TerraTor
Winning this game would make us the huge favorites to win the divison. Green Bay would still have another game against us, which could result in a two game swing for them if they beat us, but Minny would almost be out of it. 2 games down (tie breaker) with only 4 games left would require the Bears to go 1-3 and the Vikes to go 3-1 for them to win the division.

every game is a must win. This game means alot for us especially. Wed almost lock the division with this win, as our schedule gets softer....

I almost did this post a day or two back. But when I had it written, I realized there wasn't a lot of content there so I didn't hit post. You did a nice job on laying out the logic. I completely agree. Unfortunately, we're not favored in this game. We'll need a couple of breaks, win the turnover battle, etc. I think they'll just hand the ball to AP all day long and win a 20-17 type of game. But their coaches are stupid so I could be wrong. If we get a few picks, take one to the house and get good field position via our special teams vs. theirs, this game could be ours.

If we win, we're in the driver's seat. If we lose this game, it's the start of the late season slide.

Orton needs to kick some ass against that secondary. My fingers are crossed.

We don't need this game in terms of "if we don't win, our season is over". But, if we do lose, we must beat Green Bay on the 22nd to make us 1-1 against them, 1-1 against the Queens, and 2-0 against Detroit.

IMHO I disagree with you about not needing this game. We are 3-1 in the divison and need this game to stay at the top. a loss would mean we are 3-2 and not in first place. and would have to win at Green Bay, but we need to win that game as well.

Actully, if we lose, the late season slide started more with GB and TEN...

But I somehow think we'll pull this off.

I almost did this post a day or two back. But when I had it written, I realized there wasn't a lot of content there so I didn't hit post. You did a nice job on laying out the logic. I completely agree. Unfortunately, we're not favored in this game. We'll need a couple of breaks, win the turnover battle, etc. I think they'll just hand the ball to AP all day long and win a 20-17 type of game. But their coaches are stupid so I could be wrong. If we get a few picks, take one to the house and get good field position via our special teams vs. theirs, this game could be ours.

If we win, we're in the driver's seat. If we lose this game, it's the start of the late season slide.

Unfortunately, I do not think Orton is 100% and will still struggle even against a suspect MIN defense.

God I hope I am wrong but I just do not see how we win this game, or even keep it within a TD, in Minny after we barely escaped with a win at home, not because of our offense, but primarily because of our defense, which, despite beating up on a very bad STL team, still seems to be struggling.

The thing that aggravates me about our defense is that the players are kick ass players but because the DL is under-performing we are forced to play up in the box to stop the run and therefore can not stop the pass. We make chumps like Gus F look like world beaters. If you can not pressure the QB with the front 4 without bringing up the LBs you can not play a cover 2 and expect to win. Our failure on defense is not the players themselves, I feel it is because they are being forced to run a scheme which we do not have the personnel to run.

If you can not pressure the QB with the front 4 without bringing up the LBs you can not play a cover 2 and expect to win. Our failure on defense is not the players themselves, I feel it is because they are being forced to run a scheme which we do not have the personnel to run.

Babich and the D line are the soft spots on this team. I'd also say Hester is a HUGE disappointment but he isn't causing losses, just not adding wins right now.