Marinelli to Tampa?

madlithuanian

BUCS LOSING MONTE?

Posted by Mike Florio on November 28, 2008, 11:10 p.m.

Although it now appears that Buccanners head coach Jon Gruden won’t be heading to Knoxville, Tennessee, one of Gruden’s top assistants could be.

In conjunction with reports that former Raiders coach Lane Kiffin will be the next coach of the Vols, rumors are intensifying that he’ll hire his father, Monte, to run the defense.

There were rumors a year ago that Lane Kiffin wanted to bring his dad to Oakland. Though the rumors were denied at the time, Raiders owner Al Davis gave credence to talk of a possible Kiffin kin arrangement during his epic September press conference announcing the chapter-and-verse details regarding Kiffin’s termination for cause.

Monte Kiffin , 68, joined the Bucs in 1996, when Tony Dungy became head coach.

If Kiffin leaves, he could possibly be replaced by Lions coach Rod Marinelli, who likely will be fired after the season ends. If not sooner.

I'm not so sure Babich get's fired any time soon.

For the record I say he's on the BEARS coaching staff next season.

Lovie is the guy who promoted him to DC and they've been friends for years.

Lovie doesn't strike me as the kind of man that will throw a friend under the bus.

Let's not kid ourselves Babich is the DC but every single defensive game plan comes with Lovie's seal of approval.

It's going to take a lot of pressure from the front office for Lovie to fire Babich and if the BEARS end up with a

winning record it won't happen.

I genrally agree...

Althouhg I'd personally send him packing yesterday if I ran the circus...

I'm not so sure Babich get's fired any time soon.

For the record I say he's on the BEARS coaching staff next season.

Lovie is the guy who promoted him to DC and they've been friends for years.

Lovie doesn't strike me as the kind of man that will throw a friend under the bus.

Let's not kid ourselves Babich is the DC but every single defensive game plan comes with Lovie's seal of approval.

It's going to take a lot of pressure from the front office for Lovie to fire Babich and if the BEARS end up with a

winning record it won't happen.

I believe Babich deserves to be fired and if I was in charge he wouldn't be the only

one getting his walking papers. WR coach Drake would be launched too !!

I genrally agree...

Althouhg I'd personally send him packing yesterday if I ran the circus...